Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Junior Year Goals

 

Hi there! I can't believe that it's already the second day of 11th grade. The thought absolutely blows my mind. Like, grade ELEVEN. That's insane. Anyway, there are a few things I'd like to accomplish and some habits I'd like to adopt, so since I love making lists so much, I decided to make a list of my goals. I find that having a set list and a visual of what you're aiming for really helps to achieve those goals, so I really encourage you to do the same. Here's a peek at my list if you're interested!
 
1. Get my G1 and my G2 - I was supposed to get my G1 right when I turned 16, but things happened and that didn't happen. My birthday is quite late in the year, so the earliest I can drive by myself is April, but since there was that little delay, I'll still be able to drive before summer starts. It's actually quite terrifying, but also so, so exciting.
 
2. Be proud of my SAT scores - I want to go to school in the States (hellooo FIT), I have to take the SATs. I have high expectations for myself and the SATs are no exception, so wish me luck.
 
3. Take more advanced sewing courses - I took a sewing class at the local community college, so I definitely want to take more to improve and be more prepared for when I'm applying to schools next year.
 
4. Achieve good marks on my AP English and AP French exams - This one is pretty self-explanatory, so I won't elaborate, haha.
 
5. Actually run for Student Council and don't chicken out - Guys... I chickened out last year. In my defence, even if I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to run anyway because it turned out to only be a grade 12 position, but still. This is a position that I've been eyeing since freshman year and I really don't want to leave high school without at least running for the position.
 
6. Sleep 8 hours per night - I am not very good at getting to bed at a decent hour, that's for sure. I'm going to try my hardest to get my 8 hours this year, especially with everything else that I have on my plate.
 
7. Set aside more time to study (and study harder!) - I didn't study as much as I should've last year. It's not that I don't get good grades because I really am proud of them, it's just that I stressed out more than I had to last year because I was unsure of my grades, you know?
 
8. Plan time super well and use agenda religiously - This upcoming year is going to be a crazy one and the more important half of me is freaking excited, but the other half is so terrified. I know that I probably bit off more than I can chew, but I'm determined to make it work and finish the year off with my sanity intact.
 
9. Join more school clubs - Funnily enough, while I started my own club last year, I wasn't a part of any other clubs. I was in Key Club for a bit, but then I dropped it, but I definitely want to be a part of more clubs this year.

10. Actually blog and post videos - I'm embarrassed looking at my blogging habits this past year and I don't want the same to happen this year. It's probably a good sign that I've already written two blog posts today, so let's hope.
 
What are a few of your goals for this school year? Anything that you think I should add to my list? What are you most excited for when school starts again? Let me know in a comment down below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


3 comments:

  1. Really, you are very good in listing these junior year goals. I cannot imagine that you are so active in your school. Good student. As a an addition, be fashionable also in school. In my time, I love to wear stylish dress, attractive jumpsuit romper, and even the trendy fringe tops and skirts too. I remembered, I had many competitors back during my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job that you are counting the days. It is so lovely and inspiring to all that you are also active and regular to your other creative works. It is so nice and lovely to know about your activity. Do you know , you have got a pretty outfit. I love your outfit and styles. I love fashionable and stylish dresses like your and burberry trench coat

    ReplyDelete