Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Review + Swatches


Hi there! With my new-found obsession with makeup, I've gotten my hands on quite a few lip products in such a short span of time, one of those being two of the Revlon Matte Balms and let me tell you, they're good. I've always been attracted to bolder lip colours, way before I even started to wear them myself, so I went out and bought the Matte Balms in red (Standout) and purple (Shameless).

I've heard some good things about these bad boys, but not a huge amount of press about them. I remember watching a video or two or reading a post here and there when they were first being released, but not much after that. I wonder why, honestly, because they're super long lasting, not drying on the lips, and incredibly pigmented. In my book, that's a win-win-win.

To prove their awesomeness, I decided to take a bunch of photos throughout my day to show you the life of this lip product throughout the day without reapplying. So here it goes.


After sneaking this into my bag and having breakfast on the bus, I went into my school bathroom early in the morning and put this on. The bathroom's lighting is kind of really crappy, so I apologise for the photo quality.


After sipping on water (without straws!) throughout the day and having lunch, the colour was pretty much intact with only a bit of it having faded at the centre of my lips after school was done.


This was me at around 6:00 pm after having taken a nap without taking off my makeup (I know, bad me) but the lip colour was still there! So its staying power is pretty fantastic.



These bad boys have a really cooling feeling on your lips and have a minty scent which I absolutely adore. Plus, they're matte, but not drying, even with my winter moisture-deprived lips. I would recommend moisturising your lips well the night before just to make sure the colour goes on well without clinging to bits of dead skin.

Which, you know, is totally unattractive.

 




At first glance, it doesn't look like you can twist this little guy up, but if you just gently twist the silver bit, you'll be rewarded with a few centimentres more of product. 

Overall, it's such a great product, inexpensive since it's drugstore, and so easy to use. Standout is the perfect red lip colour and makes me feel totally badass and Shameless is so cool for when you just want to be a bit more edgy. The purple is just right and isn't too, too crazy, but crazy enough for you to get noticed.

Are you going to be picking this up anytime soon? Which colours would you like to try? What other product would you like to see me review next? Leave your comments and share your thoughts down below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment