Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Funday: July 26/15

Photo By Charles Yeager
Image Credit: Charles Yeager via Unsplash
Hi there! I feel like it’s been a long week because of how tired I am, but at the same time, I feel like it’s gone by so, so quickly. I’m not going to lie, I’m really disappointed in myself that I wasn’t able to post properly this week and only managed to get one full week right, but a friend told me to forgive and do better, so I’m going to try. I’m going to try really, really hard to do it right this time.

Over the years (not that there have been that many, but you catch my drift), I feel like this blog has become the place for me to share my thoughts, feelings, and what I’m going through whether they’re positive or negative. I’m sure I share much more of the positive than the negative and I’d like to keep it that way, but at the same time, I think it’s important to share the not-so-fun things as well. That’s a part of my life, too, after all. I’m not some Sally Sunshine 24/7 and I would feel like a total fake if I pretended that that was the case.

Obviously, there are things that everyone should and want to keep to themselves and to keep private, but in order to keep my blog as real as possible (which is my goal), I’ll be sharing my struggles from time to time in a Sunday Funday or something.

Anyway, that got really deep really quickly, haha.

some things just don’t go to plan

Photo By Lechon Kirb
Image Credit: Lechon Kirb via Unsplash
I just feel like everything’s been going kind of wrong this week and for the past few weeks, which hasn’t been fun. It might have to do with my lack of motivation right now or just other crap, but it sucks when I want to get things done and they just don’t get done, you know?

However, I planned out my week pretty thoroughly already so I know when to blog, film, edit, study (for the SATs, haha, kill me now), workout, hang out with friends, cook, etc. I hope that if I just follow the schedule, maybe things will just fall into place. I really hope that it will because I’m excited about the new content that has been planned to a T just in case I’m stuck when I need to spontaneously come up with a post idea.

party time?

This might sound totally lame, but it’s been a while since I’ve been to a proper party. My friends and I hang out all the time and it’s not like I’m holed up in my room staring at my computer all day and night. I’ve just been so busy with stuff for the past few months that I haven’t had the chance to dress up and properly go out. I feel like my attempted explanations have only succeeded in making me sound like a hermit crab. Anyway, moving on.

Adaora from L’Artiste had her Sweet 16 on Friday and it was really, really fun. I didn’t know a lot of the people there because I don’t go to the same school as like 95% of them, but the friends that I do go to school with and the ones that I’ve studied with in the past at summer school and stuff were good company. It called for semi-formal attire which is awesome because I love dressing up, something that I did a lot of in New York and I started to really miss it when I got back home.

I tried to make this co-ord set that just didn’t work out. The day of, I was scrambling around and made two skirts (one pencil one and one skater skirt), plus a pair of shorts, but nothing looked right. I was just so annoyed (and sweaty – believe it or not, you can get pretty sweaty when you’re sewing, especially in the summer) that nothing was turning out like in my sketches. In the end, I settled for this black and white gingham crop top that I made and paired it with a full black skirt, black platforms, a DIY clear clutch, and some red lipstick and headed out the door as quickly as possible.

There was just some good food, chocolate strawberries, music (when the Bad Blood single version is one of the first songs you hear when you walk in, you know that it’s gonna be good), and there was this photo booth that was super cute. So yeah... Happy early birthday Adaora!

paper towns and paper people

Image Credit: FOX
I went and saw the highly anticipated summer blockbuster Paper Towns the morning after it came out with my brother and while he wasn’t totally up for it, he let my overexcited-self drag him along anyway. The book had a very John Green ending and the first time I read it, I was just like “What??? What???” but then I thought more about it, read what John said about it, and then realised that it was a very important message that was wrapped up in an interesting looking package.

Don’t put people you don’t know on pedestals, guys. They’re just people.

Anyway, the book had a lot of sweet moments and I think that it was a successful movie adaptation. It wasn’t exactly like the book as they took the liberty to change a few things up to make it more silver screen-appropriate, but it stayed true to the themes which is the important bit, to the readers and to John Green.

If you’re hesitant to go see it, don’t be! You should go check it out, for sure. It’s good and Cara Delevingne is an awesome Margo. She’s just the epitome of badass, both the actress and the character.

sketching my life away

One of the things that has been keeping me busy this week (besides binge-watching Arrow like a crazy person/typical teenager) is sketching. I don’t think I’ve ever sketched so much in such a short period of time in my life. I’m not kidding – I’ve almost filled up m pretty new sketchbook already.

I have loads of ideas for clothes that I want to make and collections and all that good stuff. Now all I need is a thick as heck wad of cash and for time to freeze every time I’m in my sewing room so that all that sewing doesn’t eat up all my time.

I’ll definitely be sharing with you more about my inspiration, sketches, and designs in the future. There are a bunch of things on my list of pieces to sew this summer and since I have a bit more time than I usually do, it shouldn’t be (too big of) a problem to get that done.

Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment