Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Current Love: Fuzzy Sweaters

Image Credit
Hi there! A recent obsession of mine has been fuzzy sweaters. There's just something so captivating about them and how you can get a feel for the identity of a garment just by running your hand over it, if you catch my drift. Isn't it just lovely when a garment has the capability to tell a story? I sure think so.



Untitled
Image Credit
I realise that I'm a few months late on the fuzzy bandwagon because Who What Wear wrote about back in mid-October, but to me, it's so much more of a winter thing than a fall thing, you know? It's the same as how snuggling up on the couch by the fireplace with hot chocolate sounds better in December than October. Just saying.

Image Credit

Image Credit
I got my first fuzzy sweater a few weeks ago right after Christmas on Boxing Day. My mom legitimately thought I was insane for wanting to get it, but it's kind of hard to resist when I was in the moment and it's pretty much only $10 if I decided to get another sale item under $20. It's the softest thing in own and an absolute dream to wear. I feel like the Cookie Monster in it, which isn't a bad thing at all, haha. The only thing is that it's similar to wearing a carpet (or maybe that's just H&M), so I found that little random things just clung to it like a rug would. It was a bit odd, for sure, but I have nothing else bad to say about these lovely things.

Image Credit

I know the secret of Victoria
Image Credit
If you're looking for a few affordable-ish fuzzy options, Forever 21 ($25) has a cream one and Aeropostale has a grey one ($35). If you don't mind spending a bit of cash, Urban Outfitters is always a great place to look ($69) and so is H&M with a mohair one that looks absolutely amazing (but the price tag isn't at $70).

Do you own any fuzzy items in your closet? What else would you like to get? Are you a fan of the trend?What are your favourite textures? Leave your thoughts and comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


5 comments:

  1. This is definitely one of my favourite trends and I've been searching ebay for one but can't find any which is so frustrating! I love the pastel coloured ones the best, they're so nice!
    Happy New Year!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, pastel fuzzy sweaters are just fabulous, haha. I hope you manage to find one on ebay and a happy new year to you, too Charlotte! - J

      Delete
  2. Oh I love fuzzy sweaters too! They're more comfy than you expect considering most fuzzy-like material are usually itchy, but these sweaters are an exception. -bt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I absolutely hate it when sweaters with lots of texture are itchy, so it's amazing that these sweaters aren't. - J

      Delete