Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Funday: February 9/14

Stuck on the puzzle.
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I've had a lovely week back from school and the start of my second semester of high school has been going pretty well. Hopefully, my classes don't get any more stressful because I like my sleep. I've gotten the chance to relax a lot this week, think clearly, go to the gym more regularly, and cook a lot. 

I've always helped my parents a lot with dinner and all that and I've always found it really fun and relaxing, but I've never made the whole meal... until yesterday. Whether or not that is slightly pathetic is up to you to decide, but it made me very happy, especially considering how much us teenagers do to help around the house these days. 

Cooking aside, there have been quite a few other things that have been making me happy this week. Keep reading to find out what they are!

I See Fire

I was scrolling through my Instagram feed when I stumbled upon this lovely photo of Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. I absolutely adore them both and when I looked at the comments, I pretty much freaked. They had sung one of my favourite songs by Ed, “I See Fire” together at the Berlin O2 Arena – it was like a match made in heaven. If you like either of them, I’d highly suggest that you check out the video. The video quality isn’t that great, but hopefully you can just ignore that.


Yours Truly

It’s been quite a musical week for me. Ever since all of my earbuds broke (yes, I’m that awful with them), I stopped listening to music on the bus and all that like I did on my rides to school everyday for the past two years because I never got around to getting new ones.

Anyway, I’ve always loved Ariana Grande, ever since she was on Victorious with long gorgeous red locks and an equally beautiful voice. I knew that she had an album out, but I got kind of sick of hearing “The Way” on the radio after a while, so I never checked it out until now. Holy crap, it is so good. It’s just amazing. It’s pop, but she is such a freaking good singer that she makes everything sound so soulful and just ah! You have to listen to it. Good thing is, it’s all on YouTube.


Peter Pilotto for Target

As you probably all know, Peter Pilotto patterned with Target and that the collection was actually released today. After seeing their designs last fashion week, I knew that I’d have to check out the collection as soon as it came out. I was literally on Instagram and saw photos from their Spring/Summer collection and thought, “I. Want. Everything.” Then, I scrolled up a bit more and saw that they had patterned with Target and I freaked out. It was like a dream come true.

That’s why today, my dad and I headed out to Target early in the morning (it opened at 9, I was there at 8:59) to check it out. Well, I was there to check it out, he was my ride. I was disappointed with the Philip Lim selection that my local Target had, so I wasn’t expecting a lot with this one, but holy crap we got a lot of stuff. I was so shocked actually, or maybe it was because I came six hours earlier.

It was really cool to go that early because there were only a bunch of fashion freaks there. I grabbed whatever I could in my size, but to be honest, the one-piece swimsuit was the only thing that I could justify spending that much money on. Even though I was early, most of the things I really, really wanted to try in my size were all gone, but thankfully, I managed to get the swimsuit I wanted and probably spent about twenty minutes trying to decide between two sizes, haha. Either way, I was a happy duck after that.


What music have you been listening to lately? What music do you recommend? Have you checked out Peter Pilotto for Target yet? Which are your favourite pieces? Leave your comments below! 


Thank you so much for reading!

- J


2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a target before. I think it's time that I do.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, girl! Make your way over to that land of wonderfulness. :P - J

      Delete