Sunday, December 7, 2014

Change.


Hi there! I'm feeling especially motivated today, so I thought I'd take advantage of that and give you guys a little spiel about what's been on my mind for the past few days/weeks because I've missed a few Sunday Fundays and just posts in general and I really miss talking to you.

Oh, and I have no idea in which direction this post is going and it might be totally rambly (hence being categorised in "Rambles") but I hope that you'll bear with me. :)


Lately, I've just not been feeling the greatest. I'm not saying that because my life has just sucked for the past bit, which it really hasn't at all, but I haven't been feeling as good as I'd like to. If that makes sense.

It's like I've been stuck in this rut and I just need to get out. I'm someone who loves a routine and prides herself in being consistent (which I know hasn't been the case on here for a while :/), but also someone who is always looking to change something. I'll often sit down and think about how I can possibly improve and you might think that that's an activity that is solely provoked by deteriorating grades in school, it's really not.

I feel like you can still love yourself and not hate on every little detail about your personality and your body while still wanting to constantly improve yourself as a person. It's like success - once you reach the top, you're not going to suddenly be content with that thought and not try anymore. Well, I mean some people will, but most won't, no matter their situation.

My life has been the same, really, for the past little bit. Don't get me wrong, there have been some extreme highs, but I've been getting frustrated a lot more lately. No, not lashing out at people, but you know that feeling you get when you're just sitting on your bed, and as you look around your room, you just want to scream and tug at your hair dramatically as if you were going to rip it out like in the movies?

Yeah, I've been feeling that way.

Some people shy away and avoid change, but I think change is absolutely essential in achieving happiness. You might think that you're never ever going to be bored of the current layout of your house right now, but at some point, it might just drive you insane.You might think that you'll be able to be content with this job for years upon years upon years and it will continually allow you to grow, but if you're young, chances are that there's still so much left out there for you to try.

You might think a friend in your life right now will be there with you every step of the way and will never ever betray you. Life is unpredictable and if she ever does, are you going to go on with your "friendship" as if nothing happened, or are you going to make a change to your life and cut her out?

Change is just healthy, I find.

Of course, I brought up three rather heavy and drastic examples, but really, sometimes, you really just need to change your hair. Or maybe hit up the mall for some retail therapy and spice up your wardrobe. Getting yourself a bold new lipstick colour that will make you feel totally badass and confident is another one.

I think that no matter how happy you are at the moment, there will always be a little thing that bugs you everyday (or very often), whether you consciously realise what that thing is or not, and in that happiness, you'll avoid it to protect the happy state that you're in and at some point, it will drive you over the edge.

My point is, when you're driven over the edge, don't resist and ignore that and continue about your day. Being happy might make you ignore negativity, but I don't think the answer to anything is ignoring them. That's like pushing a fight into a jar and closing the lid without ever discussing the problem because that thing that you're ignoring is a beast, and while it might all seem smooth and calm at first, it will eventually boil over and escape that jar without you even realising.

Instead, make peace with something before you put it in that jar. If a certain person has been bothering you, talk it out. If some things that you catch people randomly saying in your daily life is bothering you, realise that everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to it and that they just happen not to have very nice ones. If something that you have to do everyday or on a routinely basis is majorly bothering you (ie. work, school, etc.), ask yourself why you are doing that thing. More often than not, if you ask yourself such a question, you'll realise how important (or how unimportant) that thing that you're making yourself do is and you'll be able to refresh your mindset to avoid dreading said thing all the time.

There are a lot of things that I want to change right now in my life and I think the first step in achieving those goals is to do something drastic to kickstart it all. I think everyone needs to do something that is an evident contrast to the monotony of the rut that they've been stuck in. It's just up to you to make that change.

Have you been stuck in a rut lately? How do you feel about change? What are some things you'd like to change in your life? Leave a comment below and share your stories!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment