Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What to Where: Easter Weekend

Caroline Maria - Hverdag & mote -
Image Credit: Caroline Maria
Hi there! Easter Weekend is coming up in just a few days and if you're anything like me, you have places to be and people to visit whether or not you religiously celebrate Easter (I don't). Even though I don't celebrate, I still want to be a bit festive, even if it's subtle because, well, if there's an occasion to celebrate, why wouldn't I take the opportunity to do so?

I already have a few plans for this weekend and I just can't wait to get the break. I don't really think I'll get a chance to breathe for long because I have a ton of work to do (school work, time-consuming extracurriculars, and blog work, but I'm super stoked about that). Even though I'm not a kid anymore, I'm kind of hoping that I'll get to have an Easter egg hunt of something because those are just the best, especially if they're Kinder eggs. I don't even understand how America can survive without those wonderful things.



I went for a really casual feel for this one. I've been meaning to try out overalls for a while now, so I picked this distressed pair from H&M and layered a cropped striped top underneath to avoid that farmer look. I always like staying warm and snuggly, so I added a huge cardigan overtop and some matching over-the-knee socks. I kept the accessories minimal with flower studs and a girly headband and a pair of dark platform trainers to finish it off.


1. Topshop Mint and White Striped Top
2. Brandy Melville Daisy Studs
3. ASOS Plaited Pearl Headband
4. Urban Outfitters Pointelle Over the Knee Socks
5. H&M Distressed Overalls
6. ASOS Stripe Blanket Cardigan
7. ASOS Platform Trainers

This next outfit is certainly more girly and formal. I picked a beautiful printed pink dress, but I wasn't a huge fan of the bow, so I covered it up with a crop ribbed sweater in a similar pink. To add a bit of sparkle, I went for a flashy ring and statement necklace that brought out the colours in the dress. To finish it all off, I added some lilac booties for a punch of colour and a white satchel to stash the day's essentials.

1. Monki Ribbed Crop Sweater
2. Wasteland Crystal Ball Ring
3. ModCloth Fun Fair Dress
4. Topshop Layered Beads and Flowers Necklace
5. Forever 21 Signature Envelope Satchel
6. BLONDE & BLONDE Lilac Canvas Boots

Shorts are always a nice thing to bring out, so I went for this daisy pair with a delicate mesh top tucked into them. To add some shape, I added a brown belt at the waist and for some height, I went for a pair of clunky brown wedges. To bring out the silver details in the belt and shows, I added some studs with a hint of blue for some extra colour and a chain necklace to roughen up the ensemble.

1. Chicwish Sheer Floral Crochet Mesh Top
2. House of Harlow Starbust Earrings
3. DailyLook Polished Chain Necklace
4. Sage Tooled Leather Belt
5. River Island Black Daisy High-Waisted Shorts
6. Ecote Jolene Cutout Boots

Which outfit was your favourite? What are you doing this Easter? Do you have any favourite Easter memories? Share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment