Thursday, April 17, 2014

Prom Style Guide 2014: Inspiration

Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! Prom season is here and if you're going, you've probably started dress hunting. If I've missed your prom, I apologise and I'm going to try my best to get this post up earlier next year. There will be two or three of these, I haven't quite decided yet (tell me in the comments what you'd like!) and the first one, as you could probably deduce from the title, is about inspiration and will pretty much be photo-heavy. Next week, I'll have a post with prom outfits that I've put together under $250. For the 3rd post (if you guys want it), I could either do a bigger budget or a smaller one, and anything else you might request.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Let's take a look at some pretty photos!


Glitterland.
Image Credit: Glitterland
Ever since I started reading books and magazines and learned about this wonderful event that occurred in a teenager's life called prom, I've always thought of it as a magical night where you could dress up and doll yourself up and be a princess, as lame as that sounds. It's like our princess night with sparkles, glitter, heels, and pretty dresses that made you feel like a princess.

Prom | via Tumblr
Image Credit: WE CAME WE RAVED WE LOVED
Of course I've thought endlessly about my dress for the big day. Well... night. Honestly, it might sound really stupid and pointless to be thinking about it as what, a freshman? But I just can't help it. I'm hopelessly attracted to pretty dresses like this one. Though you can't see the front of this girl's dress, she looks absolutely stunning, don't you think?

Miranda Kerr dark vampy lip
Image Credit: Beauty Expert
simple messy updo
Image via Pinterest
This hair just looks ethereal and breathtaking to me, like Snow White.

Kind of vintage and really romantic. Loves.
Image Credit: Imgfave
Sit & listen. †
Image via We Heart It
I've always been someone who wanted a long dress for prom, never a short one. There's something about having the skirt touch the floor and tickle the tops of my feet that has never failed to make me giddy with excitement.

The purple owl
Image via We Heart It
dazzling
Image Credit: Fashion Diva Design
knotted
Image Credit: Solid Frog


Vintage Inspired Couture Dress by MischaLove on Sense of Fashion
Image via We Heart It
Though it is a short dress, the details on this are absolutely stunning and angelic. I mean, it could get a bit uncomfortable with the embellished underneath your arms, but I mean, look at that thing. Gorgeous.

Beautiful braided updo.
Image Credit: Brown Paper Packages
Happily Ever After Starts Here
Image Credit: Happily Ever After

Which shot was your favourite? If you were going to prom, what would be your dream outfit? Would you like to see one or two more of these prom posts (I could do more as well, tehe)? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment