Friday, April 18, 2014

Style Diary: White Dresses and Light Winds


Hi there! Happy Good Friday! I hope that you're all home and enjoying a day off, one of the four of this awesome long weekend. I have too much work to do this weekend, but I'm still happy to get a break from school, for sure (even though I can honestly say that I love school).

I have a thing for white dresses in the spring and since I'm visiting my grandma today, I figured it'd be appropriate. It was pretty windy when I took these shots, but I managed to avoid any Marilyn Monroe moments (thank God).




Top: H&M | Dress: Old Navy | Socks: Forever 21 | Boots: Target | Necklace: Forever 21 | Bag: Vintage

I built my whole outfit around this lovely bag. Sure, in the photo it doesn't look like anything that impressive, so you'd have to see it in real life to see its charm. It's a cute little bag I got at my local vintage show last weekend and I'm so in love with it. It's a light beige-yellow leather with engravings and top handles so I can either hold it or carry it on the nook of my arm.


Since it's still a bit chilly, I added some yellow and nude polka dot knee high socks that I pushed down with my trusty Target combat boots. They aren't the best looking pair for sure, but they get the job done.


As a kid, Easter was one of those holidays that made me very happy, mainly because egg hunts were a big deal back then. I don't think my family will be doing anything of a sort this year because my brother and I have been deemed "too old" (as if) for them. I'm just glad that the older students at my school disagree and decided to give all the freshman classes an Easter egg hunt early yesterday morning with chocolate eggs scattered and hidden all around the classrooms. To say it was awesome would be an understatement.


What will you guys be up to this Easter weekend? Are there any traditions that you and your family have? Or traditions you wish you had? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J



2 comments:

  1. In love with that white dress ;D You look much prettier and younger in this outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you Allison! That was so sweet of you to say. :) - J

      Delete