Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Funday: April 13/14

Image Credit: Tumblr

Hi there! I know, I know, I missed a post yesterday. I haven’t been very good with that lately, something I explained in my post on Friday (I’ve been focusing on school and extracurriculars I can’t exactly get out of). Since I’ve already explained the situation, I’m not going to waste time in this Sunday Funday repeating myself because that’s just pointless.

It seems as if I have a tendency to mention the weather whenever the occasion arises, so I’m going to take this opportunity to tell you about the crazy weather that’s supposed to be in store for me this upcoming week. I’m supposed to get a load of rain today and then it’s supposed to snow on Tuesday after steadily staying above 0 this whole week. Something about that seems a bit off, don’t you think? Something about a 20-degree temperature drop. (Ridiculous.)

As I’m writing this, I’m blasting Ed Sheeran’s lovely new song “Sing.” It’s absolutely fantastic and you should give it a listen if you haven’t already. It’s definitely sounds more upbeat and like the pop stuff you’d hear on the radio, but despite its beat, it still sounds very humble and singer-songwriter-y and Ed Sheeran. I’ve probably listened to it 100 times now. Oops.

Something very exciting happened to me this week – I got a new phone! I might sound like a brat of a sort, but to be completely honest, I wouldn’t have minded using my three year old phone for another year (or a couple more) if it hadn’t started to shut off on me or not allow me to open any app for longer than five seconds whenever it didn’t feel like being nice to me. But unfortunately, those things happened, so my lovely parents decided to surprise me with a new phone. Only downside is that it’s a Blackberry (but it’s the newest one, so I honestly can’t complain), but I’m getting used to the new OS and I’m growing quite fond the the BB Hub. If you’re not familiar with the BB OS, it’s basically where all your emails, phone calls, texts, social media, etc. is gathered in list form. 

I got the chance to do some pretty cool things this week, one of them being volunteering a lot more than I usually do. Monday night, I volunteered at a weekly special needs camp, the same one I volunteered at briefly about two years ago. It was an even more eye-opening experience than the past times I've worked with special needs kids (and I've done that quite a bit over the past few years) and it, as cheesy and lame as it sounds, made me want to be come a better person, honestly.

I also went on my first ever high school field trip. Those don't come often at my school (and maybe others, too), so when the opportunity came, I took it knowing that I'd want to look back at these four years and know that I took every opportunity to have the time of my life. We went to a sugar bush about an hour and a half away. It wasn't my first time at a sugar bush, but it was still really fun and memorable because of the food. Yes, the food. We were sat at these really long tables with other random other kids we didn't know very well, so it became one of my first full-on experiences of passing food around at the table because at home, I've always used a lazy Susan. 

I learned quite a few things there, mostly relating to maple syrup. First, I learned that as gross and weird as it sounds, maple syrup tastes heavenly with scrambled eggs. I was revolted by the idea at first, but at the time, I was like, "Oh, what is there to lose?" (besides my appetite, of course) and just went ahead and tried it. And ohmygosh was it worth it. I also learned that maple taffy tastes lovely when they hand it to you on a hunk of ice and you're expected to roll it up yourself (take a look at this if you've never heard of that stuff before). Makes it so much more worth it and delicious. Lastly, I learned a hell lot more about a now even better friend of mine after being stuck by her side all day. It was just the best. :D

Anyway, I should probably tell you about the picture I picked for today's post. Sure, it looks completely random, I mean, it is after all a picture of four pineapples in water, but I feel like it suits my mood and the phase I'm in right now. I have so many exciting things coming up and I'm feeling really pressured but excited to get it all done. Just events and important dates (not the romantic kind obviously) here and there and I just love how busy I am. Sure, sometimes, I love sleep a bit more, but let's not think about that and stay positive, shall we? I'll definitely be keeping you up to date with whatever is like okay and not weird to share. Yeah.

I'm going to leave you today with this lovely photo/quote-thing I found.

Image via We Heart It
Interesting, no?

Oh, and before I forget, shout out to the lovely new and dedicated reader (you know you are). I'm not sure if you'd appreciate your name being broadcasted here, so I'll keep this short, sweet, and anonymous. I've heard that you've taken the time to check out my blog, like thoroughly check it out, so thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't believe it when I heard it and it honestly made my week.

What have you awesome people been up to lately? What is the weather like for you? Have you heard Ed Sheeran's new single yet? If not, you should. ;) Share your thoughts below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J




No comments:

Post a Comment