Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Funday: April 6/14

Image via Tumblr
Hi there! It starting to finally feel like spring here. The temperature is starting to itch closer to 0 and I’ve broken out my lighter jackets and coats. It just sucks that Mother Nature decided to be all indecisive and crazy and cursed snow upon us once more yesterday afternoon. I’m just hoping that she’ll get over it soon.

I didn’t have as productive of a first week of April as I had hoped, but I’m hoping that things will take a turn for the better today. April Fools was definitely a funny one, though. I’m glad I managed to fool a few of you with my tiny little prank of a post. I was debating on whether or not to actually do it, but in the end, I just figured it’d be fun. And boy was I right.

I had another first this week: I went to my first (high school) musical. I felt the need to add the brackets otherwise, it’d seem like I was talking about the franchise. Anyway, it was called Sweeney Todd and is basically about a demon barber named Sweeney Todd in the mid-1800’s who essentially kills his clients out of sorrow and revenge for the loss of his daughter and wife. With the help of Mrs. Lovett, he disposes of the bodies and she uses them in her meat pies for her pie shop. It sounds horrifically gory and awful, but it’s actually quite an interesting musical that I really enjoyed. It’s really incredible to think that a bunch of teenagers (with adult supervision, of course) put together something so amazing, even though a certain maniacal laugh is still stuck in my brain. Creepy.

On a lighter note, I discovered an eleven-minute Ed Sheeran song a couple days ago and I just CANNOT stop replaying it. It’s a longer version of “You Need Me, I Don’t Need You,” but recorded in the Live Room and it’s absolutely heavenly. I guess you could call it a rap song (ish) and if you’re someone who likes singing along to those things, you’d probably enjoy it. Oh, and can I just say the intro is absolutely wicked? Because it is. Give it a listen below.


Remember that vintage show I spoke about back in November? Well, it’s coming back to town and I absolutely cannot wait to visit again. It was such an amazing, exhilarating, and eye-opening experience for me last time and I felt so much in my element (as in with other fashion-lovers, not specific to vintage because that was completely new). I just can’t wait and obviously, because I’m going on and on about this, you will see a post about this soon. The show’s a week from now, so I’ll let you all know how that goes.

Have you had any firsts this week? Music loves? Or just anything downright awesome? If so, please do share. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment