Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Funday: June 15/16

Happy Father's day
Image Credit: Audrey_CFC
Hi there! I hope that you’ve all spent the morning doing something lovely to show appreciation for your fathers for those of you who are still lucky enough to still have your old man in your life. I just spent an hour and a half in the kitchen making breakfast for my daddy (yes, I still call him that) and I’m pretty proud.  I made pancakes, cranberry oatcakes, eggs, sausages, croissants, and a bunch of fruit, so it was a pretty hearty (and delicious, if I do say so myself) breakfast.

This week has probably been the craziest week of school so far, hence I haven’t posted since Monday. I’ll be done with school on Wednesday, so I’ll be able to dedicate more time to blogging, which will be so great.

Another prominent reason why I wasn’t able to post this week was because it was raining for half the week, making it rather difficult to take outfit photos. But don’t fret, these posts will go up, hopefully before I leave for NYC. As for posts while I’m gone, I’ll just schedule a few to go up on the regular schedule which is on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So yeah.

I’m hoping for everlasting sunshine this week so things can go according to plan. Let’s hope.

While this week was pretty hectic and I was a bit stressed (but not too much, which is good), it was also really great. I was able to do a lot of small things that made me feel really productive and happy like playing guitar for a bit too long when I decided to take a break from my studies, going to some dance cardio classes, finally catching up on Castle… stuff like that. I think when it’s exam season, you just have to let yourself take a break here and there to keep yourself sane because if you’re not properly organised or even if you are, the stress can drive you up the wall.


I'm born to be awsome. Not perfect.
Image via We Heart It
Speaking of Castle, oh my goodness. The last two episodes were quite something. I won’t spoil anything for you guys, but the finale was quite the shocker. I’ll admit, I thought the storyline was a bit lackluster at first, but it definitely got better and the very last scene just left me with my jaw hanging for a bit. On a lighter note, Kate's dress was quite breathtaking, though. (Here's the full thing.)

Image Credit: MasterChef
Another TV show that I adore that’s now back on is the American version of MasterChef. I didn’t find out until recently that it had started up again, but I just can’t wait to sit down and start watching that show again. It always gets me so motivated to go in the kitchen and try something, you know? I really do like cooking, so I’m a sucker for anything that’s on Food Network on stuff like MasterChef that belongs on that channel but has become a bit too mainstream/popular/whatever to air on there.

Image Credit
For the past few months, the majority, like 95% of the books I've read have all been on Wattpad, so yesterday when I read a paperback, like a legit book I could hold in my hands, it was quite an experience. It ranged from me reading in the car on the way to volunteering to being too caught up in the story to care that I was sitting on my slightly uncomfortable bedroom floor. I read "The Beginning of Everything" by Robyn Schneider, a book I heard about from Ingrid on YouTube and I was really excited about it (read the blurb here), and while it had its moments, it wasn't as great as I would've liked it to be. Inspirational, I guess, but not that memorable, in my opinion. It's worth reading, I guess, if you happen to stumble upon it in your local library.

There was a quote in there from this poet that really resonated with me, so here it is:

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?

Deep, eh?

And that was my mini book review, aha.

I’m going to keep this one short because I doubt any of you would care to read my ramblings about my school projects and other random things like that, so I’ll just conclude by saying how telling you how freaking excited I am about summer. There’s just something so exhilarating and exciting about having two months to yourself and just doing whatever you want. Later this week, I’ll be sharing a few posts on summer that will hopefully get you just as pumped as I am.

Are you done with school yet? Are you stressed right now, or enjoying your summer? Have you seen either Castle or MasterChef USA? Thoughts on summer? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment