Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer To-Do List 2014

Image Credit: Carmen Jost
Hi there! It kind of finally feels like summer for me now that my vacation’s over (I know, it’s weird – I should’ve felt as if it was summer on vacation, but I didn’t), so I figured that now would be an appropriate time to put this up. It probably should’ve gone up about a week ago, but we can just ignore that bit.

I have lots planned for this summer already, as you could probably tell with my summer projects post where I shared with you a bunch of projects you could do over the summer that I’m also going to be taking part in. In addition to those, I also have a few other things I’d like to do this summer, but some of the projects will still be included on this list. I guess the word “few” is slightly misleading because I have quite a lot of things I’d love to do, so here they are. Maybe this will inspire you to add a few things to your list, or if you don’t already have one, maybe, just maybe, you should make one. After all, it’s always fun to have something to work towards.

1. Complete Camp NaNoWrimo successfully

2. Pass Civics and Careers in summer school

3. Have a picnic, preferably with triangular sandwiches and lemonade

Image Credit: Linh Nguyen
4. Spend a day writing in a coffee shop

5. Learn how to sew properly, meaning just making basic things like tops, skirts, dresses, etc.

6. Makeover blog (I’m pretty darn excited about this now that I have some more knowledge on all this techy stuff)

7. Get a lookbook.nu account

8. Start a photo blog with my best friends

9. Start photo wall

10. Volunteer at a homeless shelter (or anywhere, really)

11. Paint a really big painting and actually put it up in my room

12. Organise files and photos on computer (this is going to be a pain, but the clean and organised files that will great me every time I open my computer will be worth it)

13. Have a barbecue for my birthday

14. Take a Zumba class with my friend(s), I usually go with my mom or by myself, so it’d be fun to switch it up

15. Frame stuff and put it on my wall, it’s not as vague as it seems, I promise – I just have a bunch of artwork to put up and Broadway tickets to frame

16. Buy my own domain for this little blog (finally)

Image Credit: Charles Haynes
17. Make bread pudding like the one I had at Borgata's in Atlantic City

(Beware. Lots of room redecoration plans ahead.)

18. Reorganise bookshelf

19. Reorganise closet (again)

20. Reorganise and completely redecorate desk

21. Decorate headboard

22. Paint the deck and any empty places on walls (this seriously needs to be done asap)

23. Journal everyday

Things may be added as the summer goes along and I think of more things I want to do, so if you ever want to check back just in case I add something, you're more than welcome to. I'll give you guys a little heads up in a post or on Twitter or Facebook or something, too.

What do you think of my list? Have you ever made one like this before? Anything you want to try out? Things you think I should add? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


3 comments:

  1. Your summer to-do list is way too fabulous >_^ So you have summer school too? OMG I thought I was the only one..btw love your lists ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! And yes, I have to spend three weeks doing school, but I'm very willing because it's going to do me some good in the next few years of school. And thank you about the lists - I'm glad that you love them as much as I'm passionate about writing them. Aha, passionate about writing lists, what have I become? :P - J

      Delete