Saturday, June 7, 2014

Father's Day Gift Guide 2014

(1) Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I feel like compared to Mother's Day, Father's Day is not nearly as hyped up as it should be. I mean, c'mon guys, your old men should be appreciated, too! So I put together a little gift guide for you guys of things I'd get my dad and things I think would be good for other dads, as well. I've included more inexpensive gifts and pricier ones that you might want to split with other family members.

Anyway, this post was supposed to go up on Wednesday, but somehow, I`d scheduled it, but it never went up... Which sucks because that messes with my schedule, but here it is anyway.


1. SOL REPUBLIC Tracks On-Ear Headphones in White

My dad loves to listen to music on his way to work on the bus, so if your father doesn't already have some decent quality headphones or earbuds, you should definitely get him some. The pair I picked out from SOL REPUBLIC is a bit on pricier side at around $100, so if you're still in school like me (or even if you aren't) and don't have that kind of money to spend, you could split it with your mom or your siblings to get something nice for your dad this Father's Day.

2. Urban Outfitters Vegan Leather Wrapped Flask

I thought that this would be a fun little gift for the dads out there. I remember going out shopping with a friend who was half hunting for vintage clothes for herself and half hunting for a gift for her dad's birthday and she actually considered buying him a flask, which I thought was really cool. Even if he doesn't actually use it for its actual purposes, it would serve as it nice piece of decor in "his area" of the house.

3. Michael Kors Oversize Silver Chronograph Watch

I think all men should wear watches to be completely honest. To me, it just makes them look smarter and more put together and if your dad doesn't already have a watch, now would be a good time to invest in one. Of course, these typical men's chronograph watches are pretty pricey, but once again, like with the headphones, if you split it with family members and really want to do something special for your dad, it's totally worth it.

4. IKEA Photo Frame

Sometimes, it's not a super fancy gift that really resonates with him, but something as simple as a photo of the two of you in a frame is sure to make his day. You could even go so far as to make him a scrapbook or collage of photos.

5. Powerocks Portable Phone Charger

Most people have cellphones nowadays and let's face it - the battery life can really suck. To prevent your phone from dying whilst you're out and when you need it most, getting a portable charger can be a life saver. I picked out one compatible for iPhones and most Androids, I believe, but there are so many other options at every price range, so just go check out your local Best Buy, Target, or Walmart if you're looking for something like that for your father.

6. Fox Run Leather Grill Apron

I don't know how it's like in your family, but in mine, every time we have a barbecue, it's always my dad working the grill. It's also always him who sends whoever's out there inside to get him whatever utensils he needed but forgot to bring out. While most aprons are rather girly and feminine, I think this one specifically for the grill is perfect for dads like mine. They can just stick everything they need in the pockets and it's the most handy thing.

7. Game of Thrones Box Set

I haven't heard one single bad thing about this book series or its TV representation, so naturally, I figured that if you were to get your dad a book, the Game of Thrones novels would be a good choice. Unless you're super confident that he'll love it, you could probably just pick up the first one and see how he likes it.

8. In the 80's by Bob Dylan Vinyl Record

Since our dads are, well, old, they probably have an appreciation for older music. So if you have a turntable lying around and a dad who collects records, you should definitely get him a few this year. I just think that they're such cool gifts and the idea of playing music that way as opposed to how we play it in our generation just fascinates me.

9. Why You're So Awesome Fill in the Blanks Book

This is actually what I'm going to be getting my dad this year. I got essentially the same thing for my mom last month except the Mom version of it. It's basically a book where they give you prompts, all relating to why a certain person is "so awesome" in this case and you just fill it out. It's such a sweet and fun gift that is surely to bring a smile to his face.

10. Moleskine The Simpsons Limited Edition Notebook

I feel like while my family banned us from watching the Simpsons, lots of other families watched it together (so I've heard), so if you want to get your dad something simple, yet still meaningful, how about a good quality Moleskine notebook with subtle Simpsons embossing?

Which gift was your favourite? What are you giving your dad this year? Do you have any other gift suggestions? Leave your comments below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Why does your family ban The Simpsons :O? The character Homer in the cartoon is actually my dad's absolute favorite person (is he a person?) in the fictional world, so the notebook would be a great gift for him! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, well, I think it had to do with the immature and supposedly vulgar language and excess amounts of swearing. We used to sneak a few scenes of episodes here and there, but after a while, my brother and I just lost interest in trying to see what all the hype was about. :P

      Delete