Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Funday: June 08/14

Jane | via Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! One week of June has already gone by, eh? I hope that you’ve all had a good one because mine has been great, albeit being in exam prep mode. I’m actually not all too stressed about school, which makes me happy.

You know what makes me even happier? Knowing that I only have one and a half weeks of school left until summer. This year really has just flown by and I have a boatload of memories to show for it.

Okay, so I have a few things to tell you guys about this week. First off, I haven’t gotten much sleep at all this past week and in the past before I started working out like a maniac, how much sleep I got would depict my energy and happiness levels, but now, even with my lack of sleep, I seem to always have a smile on my face. Well, except when I’m on the StairMaster. Then, I’m trying to control my panting.

I actually got my shoelace stuck in one of the steps on Friday and had a bit of a panic because there I was climbing stairs over and over again (like 42 floors in ten minutes) with my headphones in and my phone resting on the dock-thing of the machine and my hands on the rails. Then, my foot just doesn’t want to lift to meet the next step and I feel my body getting stretched out and I’m obviously panicking, but once I was able to form a coherent thought, I managed to hit the “stop” button, thank goodness. If I had somehow fallen, I don’t think I would’ve been able to survive the humiliation. Let’s pound on the wood to avoid that from happening, shall we?

I worked out six times this week which makes me so incredibly happy. I just love going to the gym now, it’s crazy. I never thought I’d be that girl, and I’m sure my classmates last year would agree. Who knew, because I certainly didn’t.

I’m headed to see The Fault in Our Stars with my mom today. I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t think the book was that good. I mean, yeah, it was sad and all, but I just didn’t love it or cry like I wanted to. I think that it was probably the writing style that bothered me, so I think that aside, they’ll do a lovely job with the movie. I heard that it’s gotten some pretty great reviews so far, but I’m trying not to watch any trailers or sneak peeks or anything so I can get the full experience. I’m pretty stoked to go see it and let’s hope there’ll be waterworks. Is it so weird that I want to cry watching this movie so badly? Probably.

Something that has brought me a great deal of joy lately is my guitar. I taught myself guitar last February and surprisingly enough, I haven’t grown out of love for it. I’ve basically wanted to learn guitar ever since I discovered Taylor Swift and I’m so glad that I finally got around to it because it’s given me the chance to waste away a lot of time on it. It’s also stolen quite a bit of my sleep as well, but there’s something about placing my now slightly calloused finger tips on the brass strings with my favourite red guitar pick in the other hand that makes me very, very happy.

Speaking of music, Ed Sheeran’s new album “x” is coming out super duper soon, just a bit over two weeks left to wait. I’ll be in NYC when it comes out, so I’ll basically be dragging my butt to the nearest music store to buy the deluxe version of the album on Monday morning, God, I’m so excited about everything.

I’m really happy that I’ve been able to blog consistently despite my big tests and projects and such (unlike last semester), except for that one post that I actually finished on time to go up on Wednesday but it never went up due to some technical difficulties. Here is that post, a Father's Day Gift Guide if you're interested.

Have you been working out a lot, especially now since it’s summer and absolutely beautiful outside? Are you planning to go see TFiOS? Are you a fan of Ed Sheeran? Leave your comments below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Nah, summer here is malicious. It's either boiling hot or constantly raining cats and dogs, which means I can't go out to run or ride my bike or whatsoever. I really hope to think of a way to work out inside (gosh,that's a bit weird) because, in your words, I'm starting to feel a bit icky.
    I really, really want to see TFiOS, but it won't be out until August (which I highly suspect that it has to do with AUGUSTus Waters, and which is a bit annoying because they've done this already with Divergent. Duh.) I think it'll be an amazing movie and I hope it'll worth the waiting!
    I'm not a big fan of Ed Sheeran, I guess I just can't feel with "Sing". But I do like some of his other songs!
    Good luck with your final exams! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer here is also pretty hot, but I just love the freedom and it gives me a good two months away from school (no matter how much I love it) to relax, have some fun, and learn more about myself, you know? Oh, and of course tackle some projects that school doesn't allow much time for.
      You, my friend, are actually wonderful, especially with your whole month/character name thing. You just never fail to make me laugh. :P
      Ed's song "Sing" is certainly a lot different than his other ballads and rap songs, but I'm glad that you like some of his other songs! I'll definitely be sharing my favourites from "x" as soon as I get my hands on the deluxe version today.
      And thank you for the luck! I read your comment when you posted, I just haven't had the time (and sometimes, the Wi-Fi) to properly respond with an equally thoughtful answer. - J

      Delete