Monday, June 2, 2014

June's Big Five

amazing | Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! As you read this, you might recognise this post as another one of the “Five Things to Get Excited for” series, but like a few other columns on this blog, I’ve renamed it. That title was just awkward, but right now, I’m debating between a few titles – Month’s Five Things, Month’s Big Five, Five Month Things, and Month Bucket List. So yeah, I need your help so please let me know which one you guys like the comments!

Now, enough of me rambling, let’s get into what to expect this month. Oh goodness, I’m just so happy it’s nearly summer, guys. So many awesome things in store, and June’s just the beginning.

1. Go see The Fault in Our Stars on the 6th.

our little infinity (hazustuswaters) on Twitter
Image via We Heart It
Okay, I feel a bit guilty about this. I still haven’t finished the book yet, but I’m planning to this week. From what I’ve heard, even if I don’t think the book is absolutely brilliant, I’m going to go see the movie anyway because I’ve been told it’s sad and sometimes, you just need a good cry.

Honestly, it’s going to be a bit weird to watch this movie after watching Divergent where Shailene’s character Tris has a sibling relationship with her love interest in TFioS. I really hope that makes sense, but basically, in this movie, Hazel = Tris and Augustus = Caleb. I’m going to try my best not to think of it as incest whilst watching it, aha.

2. Shop the semi-annual sales throughout the month starting NOW.

Allie's Dream | via Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Stores right now are going crazy with their sales which is pretty great for us as consumers, I guess. It’s a pretty good time to shop for a few, and I only mean a few summer essentials. Especially if you live in the States or are planning to go over there to do some shopping around the 4th of July (I’d recommend a bit before when there’s still some good stuff, some decent sales, but it’s not super busy), I wouldn’t buy too much right now. I like to view right now as the pre-summer sale, so take this opportunity to get a few things you know you’ll wear tons this summer.

3. The return of the SG DIYs on the 16th.

I know, I know, I haven’t had a DIY up in ages and I’m sorry. It’s just DIYs take time for me because I can’t just do them whenever. I literally have to wait until a certain time on Sunday where the light’s decent outside and I don’t have a mountain or school and other work to do, so it’s just been hard to try to squeeze in the time for that.

But since it’s a new month and I’ve pretty organised what I’m going to be doing for the rest of the month, I’ve made some time to make something and actually post about it for you guys. I’ll admit, it’s a pretty simple DIY, but it’s an homage to the DIYs from early on. I’ll have some more crazy and adventurous DIYs up as the summer progresses because I’ll have more time on my hands and this whole blogging thing will just be a hell of a lot easier.

4. Finish freshman year on the 18th.

I still can’t quite wrap my head around how the school year is almost over. I feel like I’ve just stepped through the doors of my high school for the first time a few weeks ago, not nearly ten months ago. It’s pretty crazy to me.

Half of me is a bit disappointed that I didn’t get as involved as I originally wanted to, but I’m not letting myself think negatively about it and have already made plans that I’m so stoked to finally put into action next year to make it better than this one.

The next few weeks will be full of summatives (end of course projects that encompass all that we’ve learned if your school uses a different term), tests, and exams. Technically, I only have three exams this year which I’ve already taken last semester, but I do have a provincial test to take as well as my Science bellringer. Because I know that I’ll be crazy busy, I’ve pretty much planned out what schoolwork I’ll be doing until the 18th, so I’m set. Excited, nervous, pumped, but ready. I think.

5. America on the 22nd.

BE.FABULOUS.
Image via We Heart It
So… I’m going on vacation to the States!!! My parents have been switching on and off about going to the States this summer for a week-long vacation, but everything worked out and we are officially going, which I’m so freaking excited about.

Now, you might ask, “Where are you going, Juliana? Because that’d be some nice information,” so let me enlighten you. We’re first headed to New York to explore the city (and finally visit FIT!), then we’re off to Atlantic City to tan and shop, and then on our way home, we’re going to West Virginia to visit some relatives. So basically, I’m super duper excited. I will definitely have a huge “What I Did in New York/all the other places I went” post or something of a sort going up afterwards.

You may or may not know this, but I have this thing for New York and I’m just so excited to finally get to head back there. !!!

Alright, I’m done freaking out over the awesome craziness that will be June and the rest of this summer. There’ll be lots of summer-related posts going up in the near future ranging from summer organisation projects to summer bucket lists and stuff like that. If you guys have any suggestions or requests, please do let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas.

Oh, and please tell me which of the following I should name this column or if you have any other name ideas (comment below!). I’d really appreciate it. :)

a) Month’s Five Things
b) Month’s Big Five
c) Five Month Things
d) Month Bucket List


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


4 comments:

  1. I think Month's Five Things is fine :).
    I'm about to finish my freshman year in high school too. In less than a month, I think. It's crazy how time flies, and I'm nervous as hell to be a sophomore!
    Looking forward to your USA posts! I've never been there (not even Canada, actually), so I'd really like to know what it's like there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Melody! And about the school thing... it's pretty crazy, isn't it?
    I'm looking forward to heading to the States to write all those posts, too, haha. I haven't been to the States that often, actually, just to go shopping a couple times, New York before, and a few other places on our drive all the way to Florida (took two days), but I'll definitely take tons of pictures to share the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Month's Big Five or Month Bucket List I think. Your summer vacation plan is awesome! NYC is really a nice place to do shopping but I've never been there before sigh but I think SF and Seattle is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one vote for each name. I guess the decision rests in my hands. :P And I've always wanted to visit San Francisco (something about it being described in Percy Jackson as a smaller and cleaner NYC made it very appealing to me) and Seattle. Definitely added to my humongous list of places to visit before I die.

      Delete