Friday, October 25, 2013

Style Diary: Grandma's Ombré


Hi there! I'm going to start off by saying that it's freaking cold where I live. It was perfectly fine the Monday when I took these photos, the ideal weather I'd say, but now, the cold follows me everywhere. In class, when I'm waiting at my bus stop, when I'm at the gym, and even when I'm at home. I mean, just leave me alone, man.


Sweater: Thrift Shop | Shorts: Dynamite | Necklace: Vietnam | Tights: Winners | Shoes: Target



Remember when I spoke about my first (or one of my first) thrifting experiences and my five-dollar sweater? Well, this is the one! It's super cozy and warm, so I decided to take that coziness down to my bottoms as well by pairing it with tweed shorts that you might've already seen here.


Because it was still pretty chilly out on Monday, I went for some black tights to stay warm and my favourite shoes of the season - my black wedge sneakers. I keep telling myself that it makes my legs look longer if I wear black bottoms, but I think that's only true if you look me up from top to bottom.


Although I'm complaining about the cold, I'm also really excited about it all because that means that Christmas is almost here. Even though I'm not Christian or whatever (I'm not trying to be ignorant, I just really don't know the exact names of the religious people who celebrate Christmas), I still celebrate it and it's definitely my favourite holiday of the year. It's kind of funny how I'm talking about Christmas whilst wearing shorts... Fun fact: I actually wore these shorts last Christmas at a close family gathering. I honestly have no clue what I was thinking, especially considering what I wore it with, haha.

Are you excited for Christmas or are you saving that for later? Will you be sporting shorts when the cold weather hits? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. I love your jumper (such a nice colour) and your shorts are perfect!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte! Can I just add that you're my 200th comment? Eep!

      - Juliana

      Delete