Saturday, May 31, 2014

Resolutions Diary: A Fresh Start - Part Two

Image Credit
Hi there! You’ve probably noticed how there wasn’t a Resolutions Diary for the past couple of months or so and that’s because my life was all over the place and I felt a bit too guilty to look at the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year. Yes, I know, I’m bad. But at least now, I’ll have you guys to hold me accountable. 

Now that I have my goals and mind set in the right direction (and because half the year is nearly over), I decided to launch this little column again. So let’s take a look at my resolutions, shall we?

A few of my resolutions will have to be tweaked a little bit again, but I’m telling myself that I will not change them again just until 2015 rolls around. I tried to make sure this set is worded properly so I can achieve my goals or shift my lifestyle to fit a certain way for the next six months. It’s still mind-blowing to me how half of 2014 is already over. Crazy.

1. Blog everyday has become blog four times a week. While I prided myself in blogging everyday, with high school and all my other extracurriculars, it was getting way too difficult to keep up with that schedule. I still have the summer to sort myself out and figure out my schedule, but for the time being, I’ll have to stick to four times. If I exceed my expectations and manage to do daily again, great, if not, that’s just the way it’ll have to be.

2. Write three comments on blogs everyday. I’m not going to change this resolution at all because I personally think that showing your love for a post everyday is pretty reasonable.

3. Use my agenda daily. Same with this one. I’ve developed a bad habit of just writing a list of things to do in a “master notebook” and while I’m pretty organised, it’s still not the way I’d like to stay organised (the calendars in agendas help A LOT).

4. Drink at least 1.5L of water per day has become drink at least 2L of water daily. Lately, I’ve been drinking a lot more water and I’ve noticed that everything in my life has improved a bit. While my acne is still there, my skin almost looks like it’s glowing sometimes, it keeps me full longer, and I just feel better. So I’m bumping it up to 2L because apparently, women are supposed to drink like 3.2L of water daily according to my personal trainer, so drinking an adequate amount of water seems pretty important.

5. Keep a food diary. I think that keeping track of what you eat is pretty important, so I’m getting myself a proper notebook this weekend to record all of that along with my workouts so I can keep track of my progress.

6. Follow the workout schedule. This one has surprisingly gotten a lot better for me these past few weeks and I couldn’t be happier. Following a healthy lifestyle is something that’s really important to me, so I’m going to try my hardest to keep up with my workout schedule for the next six months and hopefully for the rest of my life.

7. Follow the one-minute rule. Guys, I am so bad at this. Maybe it’s the artist in me who’s just all over the place whenever I’m doing anything creative, but my room gets so messy. Like while I’m writing this, I’ve been working on a bunch of things, therefore, there are like three piles of clothes on my bedroom floor. No joke. It’s sad.

Cleaning my room gives me a sense of satisfaction, so I really, really need to work hard to follow the one-minute rule to keep my life together. When my space is a mess, I feel like a mess and just can’t think clearly.

8. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Again like the last one, I’m so bad at this. I managed to get about eight hours, give or take a few minutes last week, but I really need to get those hours in if I don’t want to burn myself out and feel refreshed every morning. My plan to go about this is not to plan anything past 9 o’clock at night so I still have about half an hour to an hour of leeway if I fall behind schedule, but can still get enough sleep for the night to wake up early (because I love doing that) in the morning.

9. Practise sewing once a week (with Mom). What kind of an aspiring fashion designer can only sketch but not sew? Honestly, I feel like such a fraud sometimes, so I’m going to work hard to practise sewing with my mom a lot these next few months. It’ll be a lot easier during the summer, I think, because I’ll have a lot more time on my hands. My goal for the summer is to be able to make a skirt and/or a pair of shorts by the end of the summer. Just something simple and not too hard, but still something I can add my own little twist to.

10. Calm down and just breathe. I want to try and spend a few minutes right before bed just clearing my head like I do at the end of my BodyFlow class because I find that I’m always thinking of something or planning what I’m going to do and I barely give myself some time to breathe other than when I walk home from the gym with some awesome indie music blasting in my ears or when I’m reading on Wattpad. I need to learn to just breathe and relax, so I think and I’m really hoping that this will help.

11. Complain less. I really need to work on complaining less. It just makes me feel very icky complaining a lot, so I figured if I count the rough amount of complaints I make daily, I can keep them under control a bit more.

So yeah, that just about concludes my list of resolutions this year. I still have a lot of work to do, but I think that by keeping this little diary on here, I’ll be able to reach them. And the thought that a bunch of people know my goals and know that I’m supposed to be doing something about them definitely encourages me to get at them, you know?

How are your resolutions going? Are you going to try to make the second half of the year a lot better than the first in terms of improving yourself and your life? Any thoughts on my goals and do you have any tips for me or words of encouragement? Leave your comments below!

Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment