Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Funday: May 11/14 | Mother's Day

Home
Image Credit: Design Bolts
 Hi there! Okay, so I’m sorry first of all for not posting on Friday. Something just came up and made it kind of impossible to make the time to post, and for that, I’m just sorry. Unlike before, I will make it up to you guys and post an extra day this week, probably Thursday or Saturday.

Anyway, lots happened this week and it was a pretty good week, I’d say. Not that many exciting things happened during the week like school-wise (it was mostly my weekend that made me very happy) other than how in Business we started working on our website. Judging from how I’m a blogger, it was a pretty exciting thing for me. We were supposed to use Google Sites first, but after fiddling around with it, I just got fed up with it because it feels like the things you can do with it are so limited and the site just looked ugly no matter what I did to it, so I just ditched that program and managed to convince my teacher to let me use Wix, which is so much better and cleaner, and it’s super easy to use, too.

All in all, I am very happy with that class right now, and just school in general, honestly. It makes me really sad to think about people who just hate school (which is the majority of people) because it’s something that I really, really enjoy and I wish I could spread that joy to everyone, you know?

Saturday was quite an eventful day for me and I was basically out for like 14 hours, hence I couldn’t write this up last night because I was so exhausted once I got home. I had an exam early that morning for Spanish which I can finally say I’m done with, which is nice. Then, afterwards, I went shopping a little bit at Urban Outfitters that happened to have a 50% off all sale items deal going on and I managed to pick up two lovely items from there, which made me very happy. I’m planning on going shopping again once school’s over (just 30 or so days left!), so I’ll include what I got this weekend in that haul.

After that, I had to volunteer for three hours and I basically rushed to my friend’s house to just have a little get together. We went to the park for a little picnic with popcorn and lemonade and it was just amazing. It felt really nice to see them again after what felt like so long.

Yesterday was my best friend’s birthday, you know the one I talk about a lot on here? The one who is basically the reason why I’m even blogging in the first place? Yeah, that one. She’s quite amazing and I’m so glad to have her in my life. We went out for dinner after that and let’s just say it was quite an adventure. :) We went to this little vegan organic-type place (I’m not really sure what to call it, honestly) and it was just amazing and adorable and I loved it. We sat at the patio and had a lovely time just chatting and catching up even more. Something about talking to her just makes me really happy and overall, it was just an amazing day and I couldn’t be more grateful.

Today is a pretty special day, too. It’s Mother’s Day for those of you who didn’t know. I’m so lucky to have a mom as lovely and kind and caring and loving as mine and I don’t even want to think about what I’d do without her. She’s always there to offer me advice or slap some sense into me when I’m veering off the tracks. I love her more than anything and I just wanted to say that I love you so much, Mommy (even though she doesn’t read my blog, aha). I’m supposed to be spending a couple hours taking photos at the tulip festival after this, so it’ll be a fun mother-daughter bonding day which I’m really looking forward to.

I hope that you’re all doing something special with your mothers today if you’re lucky enough to still have them around. Be sure to show them that you care and love them and appreciate all the things that they’ve done, that they do, and that they will do for you.

Sorry if I went off on a bit of a tangent at a few points in this Sunday Funday, but I just had a lot of thanks, okay? Yeah, I did. So I hope that you’re all having a lovely Sunday. What are you going to be doing with your mom? What have you been up to this week? Leave a comment below and share your stories! They always manage to brighten my day.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment