Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Funday: July 27/14

Image Credit: Ruben Lopez
Hi there! Gosh, it’s been almost a week, I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to update. Despite having survived exams/summative week twice now, I’d probably say that my busiest week so far in terms of school has probably been this past week with the end of summer school. When the material taught in two joint courses (Civics and Careers) are condensed into 15 days, it can get a bit much.

After working my butt off for those three weeks and enjoying the luxury of seeing my closest friends every one of those days, I’m done and free and I couldn’t be more excited to get my summer going. That means that my little nook here of the internet won’t get sadly neglected and set aside whenever important school deadlines arise and posts will become more regular. I think that calls for a “YAY,” right?

Right.

Anyway, my exam was on Thursday morning and after I finished with that, my mom drove me to IKEA and I got to spend a nice couple hours in there just wandering around and picking up some things for my room. I just got a couple small items that will help me stay more organised and help keep my room more clean because I really, really need to work on that.


With more time on my hands, I’ll be able to be more productive in terms of my room redecoration plans and I’m hoping and crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to transform my room into a space where I’ll feel motivated and inspired to work by the time my birthday comes around on the 13th. You can definitely expect more DIY posts of the décor sort as well as fashion-related ones in the near future and yes, that flower crown DIY is included in that list, as well.

After my mini shopping spree in IKEA, the next day, my two close friends from summer school and I went downtown for some Mexican food that I’ve honestly been craving since the beginning of the week. While school wasn’t terrible by any means and I didn’t regret taking the course, the thought of being able to eat that burrito on Friday definitely increased my drive to get through the four days.

Good things come to those who wait because when Friday finally arrived, this baby right here…


…was definitely worth it. I ordered a chicken burrito and contrary to the common belief that the chicken option always sucks, it was freaking delicious.

We then went to Chapters and hung out/loitered in there for a bit before migrating over to the Starbucks to just write and talk. It was just a really nice time that felt fuss-free and easy and I can’t wait to do it again. That day was another item checked off my to-do list, which made me pretty happy.


Another thing that made me a very happy was the ending of Saving Elliot. Rose updated the last chapter and that whole day on Sunday, I was unable to do much because I was so anxious to read the last part of that masterpiece. When I checked my Wattpad again at 2pm and found the chapter on my feed, I just died. And read it. Three times.

I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read it yet and was planning to, but it was pretty perfect (in my opinion). I know people had varying opinions, but I was pretty happy with how it ended. I just can’t believe that it’s all over now, you know? I’ve been following the Elliots’ love story so loyally and have devoted so much emotion into their fictional lives and now it’s all over.

It hasn’t quite hit me yet to say the least.

That pretty much sums up my week in a few hundred words. Decently eventful, but I'm hoping the next five will be a lot more jam-packed. i can't quite believe that there are only five weeks of summer left. Damn, time really does fly by.

Have you redecorated your room recently or thought about it? Are you a fan of Mexican food? Any plans for the remainder of the summer that you'd like to share? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. IKEA!! I love that place. I love hanging out there on weekends and imagining what I would buy for my room, although I hardly buy anything. It's probably my second favorite place (my first being bookstores). It's like a 3D Pinterest!
    My summer school will end in two weeks. After that I'll go to Australia for a project, in which I'll teach the kids there Chinese/Mandarin! I'm so freaking excited for that, but that's also what keeps me busy these days.
    It's crazy how time pasts in summer (and sometimes, how slow it does in the middle of a semester)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE IKEA, TOO. It makes me want to redo my room every time I go, but then I realise that I don't have the money to spend on all the things I want... :/
      And ohmygosh, that sounds like such an amazing opportunity! God, going to Australia to teach, imagine that. I really hope that you're going to have a fantastic time, but by the looks of it, how can you not?! I'm jealous, just saying.
      Good luck on your last two weeks of summer school, Melody! - J

      Delete