Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ever Heard of: Lone Wolf Magazine


Hi there! One of my lovely best friends recently gave me a copy of this little indie magazine (is that even a term?!) called Lone Wolf that she picked up for me for my birthday when she was vacationing in Europe for the summer. I can almost officially say that it's my new favourite magazine.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this to you, but I'm a huge fan of magazines. I know that might sound a bit superficial or what not, but I just can't help it - I'm obsessed with magazines. They allow me to escape into a fantasy full of beautiful clothes worn by beautiful models captured by amazing photographers. What else could a girl ask for? I mean, besides being able to rip the clothes from the glossy pages and own them. For free.

Anyway, let me tell you a bit about Lone Wolf and why I love it so much.
At first when I heard that my friend got it in Europe, I thought the magazine was based over there. Little did I know, its humble beginnings were in Toronto, Canada. I always get a bit more excited about things when I find out that they're Canadian. It's just a thing.

The magazine, founded and edited by Natalia Borecka, is supposed to be a fashion magazine for nerds and bookworms, which is just perfect for me. It's supposed to be different from those magazines that feel like shopping lists, urging you to buy this, this, and this. It's supposed to be filled with creative content, not of articles and spreads that just seem overdone. It's supposed to be a storybook.

All those things that the magazine stand for ring true through every glossy page you flip. It wasn't full of ads from brands I could never afford. It was full of content that was fresh, interesting, and far from bland, spreads that made me respect a photographer's artistic vision. It was just amazing.

If you're looking for an indie magazine that doesn't feel like an everlasting commercial, check out Lone Wolf. You won't regret it. Or at least I hope you won't.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment