Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Want Her Closet: Jenn Im from clothesencounters

CLOTHES ENCOUNTERS
Image Credit: CLOTHES ENCOUNTERS
Hi there! I haven't done one of these in a while, the last one being Emma Watson in January, so I thought it'd be fun to bring them back. I've been following Jenn here for about a year or two now (I can't seem to remember when I discovered her). She's a fashion person on YouTube or "guru" which is the more common term, but I refrain from using it because it doesn't sit well with me. On her channel clothesencounters (isn't the name just brilliant?), she shares her tips on styling, outfit ideas, and her latest finds among other lovely videos. She's always so cheerful, but in a cool and calm way, if you know what I mean and in each and every video, her dazzling smile is present and her confidence is just oh-so contagious and is just a joy to watch.

Her style is just as flamboyant as her personality and is so freaking daring, it's amazing. With the way she carries herself and the crazy awesome outfits she wears, it's kind of hard to believe she's only 5'1. Just a warning first - it's nearly spring and these outfits might make you demand the weather gods to make it come a bit faster. Or maybe that's just me, haha.


Something about Jenn's style that I absolutely adore is how crazy and out-there it is. To toughen up a sweet white dress, she threw on a super-long cardigan to stay warm and cozy I'd assume and to cover up some more skin, chunky velvet platform sandals, reflective blue sunglasses, and topped it off with a tan fedora that tied the whole outfit together nicely.

This would be a great outfit for a weekend with family or friends if you were just roaming around the city or going out for a meal. You wouldn't be showing much skin while still keeping that edge.


I'm in love with how Jenn mixes sweet and delicate pieces like that white top with its soft lace neckline and a tough crisp jacket and black shorts. This outfit is pretty much perfection.


Leave it to Jenn to make even the girliest of dresses edgy. Here, she teamed her tea party frock with some white cutout ankle booties that are just perfect for the upcoming weather and a black fedora.

Image Credit: CLOTHES ENCOUNTERS

What do you think of Jenn? Which outfit is your favourite? Are there outfits you'd like to see me recreate or create ones inspired by her? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J




Images from Jenn Im's Instagram unless otherwise stated

No comments:

Post a Comment