Saturday, September 13, 2014

Birthday Goodies 2014

Image Credit: Mae Noelle via Flickr
Hi there! I asked you guys a couple of weeks ago if you'd be interested in seeing what I got for my birthday this year and I got an affirmative response, so I figured that it'd be a good idea to do so, even if it is exactly a month after my birthday.

First as a disclaimer, I'm not bragging about anything that I got at all, I just wanted to share with all of you what my amazing friends gave me on my special day. I'm so blessed and lucky to have the friends and family that I do and I really do feel like the luckiest girl.

I'll start off with the gift that I can't really show which is a WWD subscription that I got from my parents. If you didn't already know, it's pretty much the fashion newspaper of the industry that lots of people read and I can't wait to start getting regular copies of it to stay in the know.


All of my friends from middle school combined all their money and got me a Harry Potter box set which is according to them, a practical item that everyone should own. I only read the Harry Potter series about two years ago (I know, I'm incredibly late on the bandwagon) and those were all borrowed from one friend, so I'm so happy that she thought of this and that all of them got me this. Since I didn't own the series, I haven't reread any of the books in ages, so I can't wait to finally be able to.


From one of my new friends from school, I got a Kate Spade agenda that I've been trying to convince myself to buy for ages now. It's a pretty big and heavy duty agenda that just begs for attention, so I think it'll be able to keep me a lot more organised this year.

It's in this beautiful bookshelf print and I just die a little inside whenever I see it. I'm kind of obsessed.


From another friend, I got AM by Arctic Monkeys, a pink ombre beanie which I can't wait to style, and a skirt from American Eagle that I've actually already worn and find super comfortable.


Another friend from my old school got me a set of watercolours as well as this gorgeous bookmark that her mom actually made for me. I've been meaning to get myself back into art and doing more of it and experimenting, so again, like the other gifts, I'm super excited to start using these.




Finally, a friend from my new school that I've actually known for the longest but just haven't really spoken to at all until this year got me a lot of things and I'm still a bit at a loss for words, if I'm honest. He got me this really pretty mint crochet 3/4 sleeve top, a crazy sequined skirt as well as a checkered mini skirt, all from Topshop. 

He was travelling in the West Coast for a bit of August and got me all of that as gifts from his trip apparently, but I counted it as my birthday gift because a) it was huge and b) it was given to me on that day, so it might as well have been.


In his words, my "birthday gift" was this beautiful bucket bag also from Topshop that I've already used a couple of times. It looks like a tiny little thing, but it actually fits so much and I know that I'll be using it a lot, if not religiously.

Again, I just feel so lucky to have gotten these gifts which I was totally not expecting because I knew that the biggest gift they could give me was just to come to the party. Not that I intended to sound cheesy or sappy or anything. If you're reading this, a huge, huge thank you to you and I absolutely adore you.

That pretty much concludes this birthday goodies post (I just didn't want to call it a haul because I think that it makes me sound a bit ungrateful to call it one) and I hope you enjoyed reading it!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Your friends have so much taste! The agenda looks incredible, how is it inside?
    BĂ©atrice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? My goodness, they're the most amazing people I could have ever imagined to have in my life. The agenda's pretty great inside and you can see how it looks here: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/paper/2014-2015-kate-spade-large/825466928121-item.html?langtype=4105. - J

      Delete