Saturday, September 6, 2014

Resolutions Diary: August 2014

Image Credit: waferboard via Flickr
Hi there! I took a bigger step this past month to accomplish my resolutions and am pretty pleased with how it went. There's obviously still room for improvement, but it's been going well. Keep reading to see how I've been doing with each one of the ten!

1. Blog everyday. I was actually pretty good at this particular point this past month. I did end up missing a week due to the blog being down with the whole new URL thing and me not following the very unclear instructions properly, but other than that, pretty decent, I'd say.


2. Write three comments on other blogs everyday. I just can't seem to get into the habit of commenting, can I? I have been doing it here and there in August, but not nearly as much as I should have been.

3. Use my agenda daily. I did not use my agenda at all this month except for the last bit when my friend bought me a new agenda for my birthday late in August. I'm not too bummed that I missed this one if I'm honest because there weren't many occasions where I really needed one that badly, not as if it was for school.

4. Drink at least 2L of water daily. Loads of water has been consumed this month, so that's a good sign!

5. Keep a food diary. It was my last month of summer vacation, so I wasn't eating as healthily as I could've been, but it wasn't too terrible. But of course, I wasn't good enough to have kept a food diary (bad me).

6. Follow the workout schedule. A stark contrast to July, I've only made it to the gym about three times a week on average. During the summer, I just got a bit lazy to walk to the gym a good twenty minutes away and I just got motivated to do other things instead of dragging myself there. I'm sure that school will help me get back into a routine where I can workout more regularly, which is reassuring.

7. Follow the one-minute rule. I've actually been following this rule, believe it or not. My room and whole house is a lot cleaner than it used to be and now most things have a home after all the decluttering I did, making the whole cleaning-after-myself process a lot easier.

8. Get at least eight hours of sleep every night. I don't even know what's wrong with me and why I haven't been able to get the full eight hours this summer. I found myself weirdly and inconveniently inspired and motivated late at night and found the need to get up and do something useful early in the morning, resulting in about seven to seven and a half hours per night.

9. Practise sewing once a week with Mom. My mom's taught me a bit over the course of August, but it hasn't been super regular. Again, with school comes a routine and I'm hoping that this will be a part of it!


10. Calm down and just breathe. I was all over the place this month, but it was a good kind of busy and I did make use of YouTube to just calm down and relax, so I'd say this one was a success.

Are you still keeping track of your resolutions? How'd you do this month? What are some goals of yours to make the last third of the year your best? Leave your comments and share them below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment