Saturday, December 14, 2013

Instant Banana Almond Butter Oatmeal Recipe


Hi there! A few weeks ago, Melody, who is absolutely awesome, by the way if you're reading this, commented and asked for an oatmeal recipe, so that's what you're going to get today! I'm so in love with the combination of almond butter (or any nut butter) and banana together, it's just so delicious. However, just so you guys know, this recipe might taste a bit better with peanut butter as opposed to almond butter, which was the only thing I had laying around.

We all lead busy lives and the weekend is often a time to just relax and recharge. But during my weekends, I'm always planning ahead to next week, like what fruits I need to add to the grocery list or what homework or blog posts I'll have to get done. 

I wish I had time to make stove-top oatmeal everyday, but a lot of the times, it's just not possible, especially now that my parents won't let me make it on weekdays because it wastes lots of energy. That's why you can make today's oatmeal in the microwave!

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup of oats (one-minute or quick oats work fine)
  • 2/3 milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
  • 1/2 a banana
  • 1 tsp of almond/nut butter
  • 1 tsp of sugar (optional)

Directions:

1. Pour your oats into a bowl.
2. Drizzle the nut butter on your oats as evenly as you can.
3. Chop up 1/2 of the banana into quarter coins.


4. Add your milk and stick it in the microwave for about one minute.
5. Once you get the consistency that you like, add the rest of the banana on top of your oatmeal and serve it with a splash of milk.

I never used to put my banana in the microwave, so when I tried it for the first time, well, let's just say I freaked out. The banana softened and pretty much melted in my mouth. When I took a spoonful of oatmeal with the almond butter, it was a nice nutty surprise every time. So, so good, and so easy to make, too.

I will be sharing a stove-top oatmeal recipe before the holidays on how to make sauteed apple oatmeal that's pretty darn delicious, just saying.

Do you have any other requests for blog posts? Are you a fan of oatmeal? What's your favourite way to make it? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks, Juliana, that's very sweet of you :) ! I never tonight of putting banana in a microwave though, it seems pretty terrifying to me. Perhaps I'll give it a try.
    Have you ever tried adding soymilk instead of milk? That's quite nice,too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Melody. :) And you should definitely try it ASAP because it when you eat the banana after, it just melts in your mouth and it's just awesome.

      I've actually tried soy milk in oatmeal and that's how my mom actually eats hers. Personally, I'm a huge fan of putting almond milk in mine. So, SO good.

      - Juliana

      Delete