Monday, December 30, 2013

One of a Kind Finds: December 2013

OOAKF: December 2013


Hi there! It's almost the end of December and I hope that all of you have had an awesome, amazing, fantabulous 2013 because you all deserve that. I know I had a pretty great year and fashion's had a good one, too. Here are a few of the wonderful hidden gems I found online this month that will end the year with a bang. And chandeliers. And flowers. Anyway, let's get into this month's list.



1. Chicwish Pink Ruffle Cape

I'm a sucker for anything that's pink, so it's no surprise that I'd be attracted to something like this. This jacket is unlike any cape I've seen before and though I'd probably freeze if I spent too much time outside wearing this jacket, it looks so magical and would probably make anyone wonder wear the hell you got it from (in the best possible way, of course).

2. Too Fast Chandelier Earrings

I have never heard of this brand before, but when I was on Polyvore looking for chandelier earrings, this popped up and I thought it was just awesome how they were literally chandeliers. They would definitely be a conversation-starter!

3. Topshop Pinafore Dress

Overalls and spins on overalls have taken over quite a few stores and Topshop's no different. This pinafore dress would look really cool with a crisp white shirt layered underneath, some deep burgundy knit tights, and chunky boots, I'd say.

4. Wasteland After Hours Shorts

I'm not sure how my parents would feel if I wore these shorts, but that certainly won't stop me from admiring them afar. Red velvet shorts... what a lovely combination.

5. ASOS Ears Boyfriend Watch

I'm a cat lover. It's not a huge obsession and it's not one that I share with a lot of people, but I love cats. It probably has to do with how according to the Vietnamese zodiac, I was born the Year of the Cat. I also love menswear-inspired watches, so putting cats and my favourite kind of watches together is just perfect.

6. ModCloth Navy Lace and Polka Dot Dress

This navy dress from ModCloth is not your usually polka dot dress - it has lace! The lace details along the neckline and the hem of the dress really make it stand out from a sea of often plain, boring, and unoriginal polka dot dresses.

7. ModCloth Geometric Sweater

I haven't seen much of tribal/geometric-esque prints on cream (or am I the only one...?), and let's just say that people should do that more often. It looks elegant, but still really cool and edgy at the same time, just a much more demure version.

8. Wasteland Mixed Emotions Babydoll Dress

Sometimes, dresses can be a bit plain and overrated, but this one's design is really fresh and unique with the unexpected pop of floral print that brightens up the muted tones of the checked pattern.

9. Chicwish Faux Fur Shearling Jacket

I've really been loving huge jackets lately and though I am skeptical about how warm they would be able to keep me, this one from Chicwish just looks so soft, warm, and cozy. If I was wearing that jacket, I'd honestly just want to go up to random people and hug them.

10. River Island Jacquard Embellished Shorts

With New Year's Eve just around the corner, dangerously short dresses seem to be the only thing people are wearing, so if you're willing to stray from the norm and stand out, statement shorts are a really quick and easy option.

11. Zara Checked Wool Jacket

Clearly the whole tartan/plaid thing hasn't died down yet (and who would want it to?), so why not put it in the form of an oversized jacket, right? I would love to get my hands on that.

Which item was your favourite? Did you find any hidden gems this month online? Are you a fan of online shopping? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment