Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School: 5 Outfits Under $100

- Dαrk Pαrαdise. | via Facebook

Hi there! As a teenager, I know that the vast majority of us don't have the money to splurge on clothes all the time to spruce up our wardrobe. Whether it be jeans from American Eagle (like $50! Crazy, at least to me...) or a piece from BCBG, most of us just can't afford it. That's why today, I'm going to be sharing with you five outfits under $100 that you can wear to school. 

One more thing, wearing cheap clothes doesn't necessarily mean that you can't dress uniquely as well. Just because you're in head-to-toe Forever 21 doesn't exactly mean you have to compromise that unique quality that you might be looking for in an outfit.

Without any further ado, here are the outfits!


BTS 2013: 5 Outfits Under $100

This is the most casual outfit option in my opinion. I would tuck the t-shirt in the front into the jeans. To add a bit of interest, I chose a brown leather belt and an intricate pendant necklace. Now on to the kind of unexpected twist... the shoes. I went for some yellow (I love yellow, by the way) studded ballet flats that I just thought were PERFECT for this outfit. It might not be everyone's come of tea, but I love it.

1. H&M T-shirt - $12.95
2. Forever 21 Cutout Rose Pendant - $7.80
3. BDG Classic Vegan Leather Belt - $16.00
4. Old Navy Cropped Skinny Boyfriend Jeans - $30.00
5. Forever 21 Studded Ballet Flats - $27.80


BTS 2013: 5 Outfits Under $100 #3

This is a bit of an edgier choice for school, but it's still pretty appropriate. At least, I think so. To tame down the craziness of the leather skirt, I went all Parisian with a black and white striped top and a red faux leather watch because, let's be honest. You look a lot smarter if you have a watch on, and it's a pretty handy (see what I did there? Yeah, I know I'm lame...) accessory. The boots add a rough feel to the outfit and the delicate necklace tied everything together.

1. H&M Striped Jersey Top - $14.95
2. Topshop Locket Bead Ditsy Necklace - $9.01
3. New Look Red Faux Leather Watch - $16.36
4. Forever 21 Faux Leather Skirt - $21.80
5. Windsor Black Floral Combat Boots - $29.90


BTS 2013: 5 Outfits Under $100 #4

This is definitely the cheapest option out of all of the outfits. I don't know about you, but I think this outfit is pretty darn cute. The dress is pretty girly, but not too over-the-top that you wouldn't be able to rock it to school. To tone down the dress a bit, I added the varsity jacket to toughen it up. The mint accessories add a nice pop of colour and the black and gold necklace was a finishing touch!

1. dELiA*s Varsity Jacket - $20.00
2. ModCloth Change of Paisley Dress - $20.99
3. Brandy Melville Black Bullet Stone Necklace - $9.00
4. Etsy Mint Green Hair Bow - $5.37
5. BDG Diamond Cutout Oxfords - $29.00

BTS 2013: 5 Outfits Under $100 #2

I'm a pretty big fan of denim on denim, so it's only natural that I kind of love this outfit. It's a pretty quirky combination with the unique top and cat loafers, but still really good for school. The gold accessories brighten up a rather dull outfit, pulling it all together.

1. MOTO Indigo Denim Patch Shirt - $32.76
2. Charlotte Russe Triple Triangle Chain Necklace - $6.00
3. Forever 21 Faux Pearl Studs - $4.80
4. Mossimo Supply Co. Cropped Distressed Jeans - $22.99
5. dELiA*s Kitty Loafer - $32.90


BTS 2013: 5 Outfits Under $100 #5

This last outfit is a bit over the $100 budget, but it was less than five bucks, so I thought it could pass. This outfit has to be my favourite because I just love how it kind of channels that 90's denim on denim trend and I love it (like I've mentioned before).

1. Mossimo Supply Co. Denim Jacket - $24.99
2. H&M  T-Shirt - $12.95
3. Etsy Maroon Floral Pattern Hair Bow - $5.00
4. New Look Blue Denim Skater Skirt - $24.58
5. Windsor Studded Black Combat Boots - $36.90


I have one last thing to say. If you're looking for unique pieces that no one else has in their closets, I'd definitely recommend that you check out thrift shops. Sometimes, they aren't the best, but there are other times when you find that perfect piece and no one but you has it. Just a tip for you all. :)

Which outfit is your favourite? Which piece did you think was a total bargain that you just want to have in your closet? Please let me know in a comment below and share your thoughts! I'd love to read what you have to say!


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments:

  1. I love the first one and the fourth one!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know your favourites! :) It's always really cool to see which outfits my readers like because they're usually pretty varied.

      - Juliana

      Delete