Hi there! As you've probably noticed, it's back-to-school season! It's my favourite time of the year and I'm so excited to go shopping for new supplies. I love staying organised and doing organisational stuff, so today, I'm going to share with you my tips and tricks to stay organised this school year. Keep on reading if you're interested in learning what they are!
- Get an agenda/planner. I write everything in my agenda, so it's definitely a must when it comes to school. I recommend getting an agenda with monthly calendars because they really help so that you have a visual representation of your schedule and activities. It's also really great how you can just quickly scan the calendar and you can see all of your activities really quickly and easily.
- Bring your agenda with you everyday (and everywhere!). This is pretty obvious, but you should bring your agenda or planner with you to class everyday. If you do a lot of extracurriculars at your school or outside of it, be sure to bring it along with you as well. You never know when you're going to need to write something down!
- Keep your locker organised. It's nearly impossible for me to have a good day at school if my locker's a complete disaster. Because I keep my bag, jacket, books, and binders in my locker, I kind of have to see it every single day, no matter what. If I start slacking off and just throwing my things wherever, it really gets disastrous in there and it's really hard for me to just get through the day if I can barely open or close my locker because it's either too full, or simply too messy and I just don't want to look at it. Organise yours with locker shelves and little pencil holders full of spare school supplies, hair elastics, and bobby pins!
- As soon as your teacher assigns an assignment, write it down in your agenda! I'm sure that we all have a lot on our minds during the school day (and pretty much the rest of the day as well, to be honest). Usually, if a teacher gives me an assignment and I don't write it down immediately, which has become more rare of the years, I'll just completely forget to do it. I've made it almost like an instinct to reach for my agenda whenever my teacher assigns anything.
- Have some kind of code in your agenda (and in your notes!). This is just so it's really easy for you to scan your whatever you've written. I personally don't colour code my notes or tasks in my agenda, but I like to write them in different areas, or in a certain order, and highlight anything important.
- Keep an accordion homework folder. I personally like to store all of my homework and any loose sheets that don't really have a home in this accordion folder that I bring home with me everyday. It's something that keeps me really organised, so that's why it's such an essential for me.
- Divide your binder into sections! This is kind of a given, at least for me, but I find that it's really unnecessary to have a binder for each subject because it's just really annoying to have to carry so much. I usually have one or two binders that I divide into sections to make it a bit easier for myself.
- Keep tons of loose leaf paper, you never know when you're going to need it! I'm someone who prefers keeping loose leaf paper in her binders to a bunch of notebooks. I usually stick some loose leaf paper in each section of my binder(s) so I have paper for each subject and I don't have to open my binder rings to take out some paper.
- Use a pencil case. I know that if I didn't have my pencil case, I would be completely lost. Keeping a pen or pencil with my books just doesn't work and I end up loosing it by the end of the day. Also, be sure to always refill your pencil case if you've noticed that you've been missing something, especially writing utensils because you can probably do without an eraser, at least a bit better than if you don't have something to write with.
Which tip did you find the most the helpful? Do you have any to add? Are you headed back to school this fall? Leave me a comment down below and share your thoughts!
Thank you for reading!