Hi there! For today's "Current Love," I'm going to tell you all about something that I've been so obsessed with for the past few weeks - flowy pants! Or as I like to call them, my Alibaba pants. Interested to find out why I love them so much? You know what to do... (click on the read more button below, haha)
First things first, I'd just like to point out that there are probably a ton of different names, more accurate names for these pants, so call them what you want. But in this post and in future posts where I might mention these pants, I'm calling them my flowy pants Just sayin'.
It all started a few weeks ago when I was on my trip to Vietnam. Because I thought it was going to be really, really hot there (and it was), I had only packed a bunch of shorts, short skirts, and dresses, so basically nothing that went past mid-thigh. Then, my parents told me that we were going to take trips to places where I HAD to wear pants. Pants that I didn't have with me.
That meant that I had to go shopping. Reading that now, it probably sounds like I'm the only fashion blogger in history who dreads shopping. Haha, I adore shopping guys, don't worry.
Anyway, when my mom and I were out shopping. I spotted this beautiful pair of printed flowy pants that were just perfect. I'd seen similar pants online on H&M and loved them, but I never thought I would be able to pull them, thinking that they were for the stick-thin, ridiculously tall, and model-esque girls out there. I also saw them on this girl during my tour to Hue City and fell in love with them ever since. I would've snapped a photo of them, but I thought that'd be kind of creepy of me. Like, creepier than me staring at them all day because I loved them so much.
You might be thinking, "Juliana, they're just pants." Maybe you'd even throw an eye-roll in there. But let me tell you, they might "just be pants," but they're the most comfortable pants EVER. At least, in my opinion. When you wear them, it's going to feel just like wearing pajama bottoms. They're just that comfortable.
Anyway, I ended up getting four pairs, which might seem like a little much, but hey! They were literally six bucks each, so lay off me.
Five Reasons Why I Love Flowy Pants (and why you should, too):
- They come in such a huge array of colours and prints.
- They're super duper easy to style, but if you need some ideas, stay tuned for my "3 Ways to Wear" post coming up soon.
- They're the most comfortable pants I've ever worn (just like pj's!).
- You're going to look like you spent a lot more than five minutes putting together your outfit.
- Last, but not least, they keep you cool. That might seem kind of odd considering that they don't allow you to flash any skin whatsoever, but I've out in the sun all day in these pants and I stayed perfectly cool. Plus, in the summer, the mosquitoes won't bother you. Well, at least not your legs.
What do you think of this trend? Are you a fan, or not so much? If you are a fan, do you own any? If so, which colours or prints? Please let me know in a comment below, I'd love to read what you have to say.
Thank you so much for reading!