Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Funday: Busy, Busy Me

Large


Hi there!  I'm back with yet another Sunday Funday, so let's get on with it.

My week can be summed up in one word: hectic.  Unfortunately, it wasn't one of those hectic weeks that I actually enjoyed when I was busy 24/7, got tons of things done, and actually enjoyed every minute of it.  It was one of those weeks when I felt like I wanted to just go to sleep for a long time (and wake up obviously, but you know).

Like one of my favourite YouTube beauty gurus said, "Though everyday may not be good, there is something good in everyday."  Keep reading to find out the good things from my semi-bleh week.  If you're interested, of course.

I have this slight obsession with making to-do lists... just slight.

Large


The photo above actually describes what I do everyday pretty accurately.  For as long as I can remember, I've loved making to-do lists.  I love staying organised in general and making these lists daily really help me get things done.  Most of the time, I don't complete everything on my list, which gets me into this bad mood, but I make them anyway.  I tend to be really ambitious with my lists, which is kind of a problem, but I read somewhere that you should make two lists daily - one list of your main priorities for the day, and one list of other less important things.

One thing that I discovered this week was Evernote which is basically a program where you can save all of your notes and stuff in one place and you can access it from your phone, computer, tablet, anywhere!  It has really come in handy lately, so you should definitely go check it out if you haven't already.

Aloe vera juice is quite heavenly.



I've been drinking aloe vera juice for years, but I kind of fell out of love for it this year.  It was only this week that I started drinking it again and I've fallen in love with it all over again.  I love the little chunky pieces of aloe in the juice and it's such a refreshing drink in the spring/summertime.  If you've never tried this before, I suggest that you go to your nearest (Asian) grocery store and try some.  It's freaking delicious.

Spontaneity has some perks.

Large


Just last Saturday, my parents decided to get a new car, which was quite a crazy and spontaneous decision, at least to me.  They've been driving our old car (that we had to "turn in") for about ten years, so it's been a huge chunk of my childhood.  And now it's all gone, which is kind of depressing, but I'm taking it as a reminder that I'm growing up and starting a new chapter of my life.  It might sound kind of dramatic, especially coming from a 13-year-old, but I'm going to be starting high school soon, so it's actually not that dramatic, at least in my opinion.

Just a little something to get you thinking...

Large


I've always known that there will obviously be people that I will encounter in life that won't like me, or will simply tease me relentlessly and enjoy doing so.  I'm not talking about when my friends tease me when I'm doing something stupid.  I'm talking about the kind of teasing that is supposed to sound lighthearted or whatnot, but will hit you where it hurts most, like when people tease me about my obsession with fashion.

I don't care if that person doesn't like fashion as well, I care when you take another person's interests and make fun of them because of it.  I just don't understand why someone would do that and it honestly really bugs me.  But that's not what I wanted to get across.  This week,  I've finally come to terms that people will make fun of me and I just have to deal with it.

I didn't mean to end this post on such an... odd note, but whatever.

Anyway, what have you guys been up to this week?  Any highlights worth talking about?  Do you have any goals for the second half of the year?  Please do share - I'm curious.


Thanks for reading!
- J

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Haha the only thing I don't like about Aloe water are the chunky pieces. I don't know, I just can't seem to get them down. But other than that, it's very refreshing.

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny because they're my favourite part of the drink! It's interesting to see how someone can adore something and another person just not like it. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete