Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Outfit of the Day: Graduation!



Hi there!  I guess it's kind of odd that this post is going up today because I actually graduated yesterday.  But whatever, that's besides the point.  

I just have one thing to say before I get into today's post.  As you may or may not know, Google Reader is disappearing forever on July 1st, so if you are currently following me using Google Reader, please consider following me on Bloglovin instead to keep up to date with my posts.  If you don't already have a Bloglovin account, it's super easy to make one and so useful because you can keep all the blogs that you follow in one place.

Anywho, now on to the post!


This is what I wore to my middle school graduation yesterday!  The dress was designed by yours truly and made by my lovely and amazing mother.  It took us three days to finish it and I couldn't be more proud of how the dress turned out.


(I promise, it looks better in person, at least to me.)


I don't really know how to feel about graduating from middle school and embarking on the scary and emotional journey called high school.  One minute, I'm really excited about it and all happy and giddy.  But the next, I have this knot in my stomach and I feel like crying because I won't be seeing any of my classmates again.  It's kind of crazy to think about, to be honest.  I've never felt so close to my classmates before in my life, so leaving it all behind to start over (for the fifth time, no less) again is just so... sad.  Tiring.  And kind of intimidating.





I had the most amazing day yesterday and made memories that will surely last me a lifetime.  It was such an unbelievably amazing and spectacular day that makes me giddy whenever it crosses my mind.

Dress was handmade | Earrings from Forever 21 | Shoes from Luca Ferri | OPI Sprung nail polish

What have you been up to lately?  Are you (or did you) graduating this year?  If so, how do you feel about it?  Please leave me a comment down below sharing your thoughts!


Thank you for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment