Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Bucket List 2013

Large

Hi there!  This post doesn't really have to do with fashion, so I hope that you won't mind that this is going up on a weekday.  Today, I just wanted to talk about something that I'm sure is on everyone's minds: summer.  To me, this photo perfectly captures the whole feeling of summer, that freedom and joy that we should all be lucky enough to experience.

It's starting to feel like summer around here, so I decided to brainstorm a list of things that I want to get done this summer.  The title might be slightly misleading, but this is just, once again, a list of goals for that I have for the summertime once I'm out of school next week.  I definitely think that you, too, should make a summer bucket list this year just so you won't feel like you're wasting it sleeping in and browsing the internet all day.

Keep reading to find out what I'm planning on doing this summer!

  • Buy my own laptop (preferably a MacBook) - I've been using a pretty crappy laptop for the past few months, so I'm really excited to make the investment of getting my own, good quality laptop, especially since I'm going to be starting high school in the fall.  And blogging, too, of course.
  • Have a sleepover with my girlfriends - Hopefully, this will happen right before the end of the summer holidays so we can talk about how our summers went and kind of bond before the start of high school (which is starting to freak me out, but I'm also very excited about it).  You might think that this is kind of odd, but we live all across town, so it's really hard for all of us to get together and hang out.
  • Birthday bash! - It's my birthday this summer, so I'm really excited to be able to spend the day with my friends just having fun. 
  • Middle school reunion - I'm not even out of school yet, so this might seem kind of silly, but I'm starting to miss all of my friends.  It's crazy.  Hopefully, everyone will be on board with having a little reunion before school starts.
  • Have a picnic - I haven't had one in the longest time and I think they're just the cutest things ever, so I definitely want to have one at the park with my brother.
  • Go on multiple bike rides - The feeling of wind in my face and my hair blowing behind me is the most amazing one, so I'm looking forward to hopping on my bike quite a bit this summer.  Besides, I need the exercise.
  • Sew my first proper clothing item - As much as I love fashion design, I've never properly sewn a clothing item.  Of course I've sewn things by hand here and there and even used the machine once, but I want to be able to do it all on my own at least once this summer.
  • Go back-to-school shopping -  Back-to-school season is my favourite, so I'm so exicted to go shopping for clothes later on this summer.  And don't even get me started on school supply shopping.  It's my absolute favourite, so you'll definitely see a haul from me once I get around to actually doing the shopping.
  • Be able to do a Bm and F chord easily - My guitar is my baby and I play on it almost every single day.  I've only started playing guitar in February, so I'm not very good, but I'm really working hard on those two chords that I keep having trouble with.
  • Document my summer on film with my Diana F+ - Surprisingly enough, I've never taken photos on 35 mm film, so I'm really looking forward to taking some photos on film this summer.  My lovely friends were kind enough to get me my beautiful Diana F+ which is a modern version of a 60's cult classic film camera that was famous for its perfectly imperfect, dreamy, and unexpected photos.
Take the summer as an opportunity to do something you've been wanting or meaning to do for a while.  Go have some fun out in the sun!  Hang out with your friends, just enjoy yourself and take a break from all the drama and homework.  Make a list of things you want to do so that your summer won't be wasted.

What are your summer plans?  Anything exciting?  A vacation, perhaps?  Please let me know in the comments and share your thoughts!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Have fun with all those! I have a few trips to the beach planned already! Haha.

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! I hope to be able to accomplish everything I planned to... Also, enjoy your beach trips!

      - Juliana

      Delete