Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Love You, Momma.



Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mom,


Today is Mother's Day (as you probably already know) and though every day should be Mother's Day, I feel like this Sunday every year is a time to appreciate you a bit more.

I'm always at a loss for words when I decide to write letters.  It's usually I either ramble a lot, or barely write anything at all.  It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

I might as well start with Happy Mother's Day.  So Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!  Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you and everything I've learned I owe to you.  You were my first teacher, my best teacher and I love you so much for that.  

I know that I we don't always get along, but I think that we do a little bit more than some people.  My favourite times are the time spent in the car, driving to our favourite strip mall, promising ourselves to window shop.  We were actually terrible at keeping those promises, but I loved those moments.

The words "I love you" have always felt very foreign when I try to say them.  Like with my friends, I've always thought that those words should only be reserved for someone really special and throwing them around was a crime of some sort.  I've never said this to you, but I love you, Momma, I love you so much and I'm so lucky to still have you here.  You're the best.


Thank you so much for everything you do for me and I love you.  Again.
- J

Follow on Bloglovin

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, J! I'm not very good at expressing my emotions through words, really, but you definitely are and your letter is so cute. Happy Mother's Day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bohmyi! And Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

      - Juliana

      Delete