Monday, May 27, 2013

Current Love: Chuck Taylor All-Stars (a.k.a. Converse)

Large


Chances are, you guys have probably seen a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers at some point in your life.  They're a classic and comfortable pair of shoes that go with everything and are such a staple in my closet.  I'm pretty in love with my two pairs of Converse, but before I gush to you about them, I'm going to give you a mini history lesson on these wonderful shoes.  Keep reading if you want to know a little bit more about these shoes, why I love them, and why you should probably go get yourself a pair.

The full name of these shoes is actually Chuck Taylor All Star shoes, but they're more commonly known simply as Converse.  They are actually basketball shoes and were released in 1947 in black and white.  And yeah, that's pretty much all there is to the history of Converse.



I first fell in love with Converse in my pre-teens when I was flipping through one of those teen gossip magazines like M, J-14, Twist, or something like that.  I saw an interview that they did with Selena Gomez where she spoke about her love for these sneakers.  The photo above is actually the exact outfit she wore in the magazine, which is pretty cool.

The summer of 2010, I went to New York City for the first time and I swung by the Woodbury Premium Outlets and picked up my first ever pair of Converse.  They were a black sequined pair that I'm absolutely in love with to this day and I wear them all the time.  And then the summer I went to Disney World, I went to the Premium Outlets in Florida and actually got yet another pair of Converse.  I got a pair of black high tops which are definitely a lot more classic, which I really like.

2253092e402f11e2aeda22000a1f973b_7_large


I'm going to be doing something a little different with my Current Love posts.  Instead of just including one outfit in the post itself, I'm going to be doing posting the Current Love post without the outfit and then posting three or five different ways to style that certain item that I'm in love with later on.

Are you a fan of Converse?  Do you own a pair?  Which are your favourite?  Let me know in the comments and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for five ways to style Converse!


Thanks for reading!
- J

2 comments:

  1. I also love converse they are so perfect!! and congratulations for the blog, it is really amazing, maybe want to check out mine? moritastylish.wordpress.com thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad another blogger out there adores Converse as much as I do! Thank you for saying what you did, it was so sweet of you. :) And I checked out your blog, by the way. I loved your galaxy piece, especially the nails! I followed you on Bloglovin'. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete