Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Motivation #1: Get Going




Today, I'm going to do something a little different.  I was going to write yet another spring inspiration post, but I honestly just didn't feel up to it.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted to blog, just not at all about that, at least not at the very moment.  If you still want to see the weekly spring outfit inspiration post, I'll definitely write it (let me know in the comments/the poll, please and thank you). 

Since it's the beginning of May, where I live, it's really starting to feel like summer.  To me, summer and a new year are both times for self-discovery and re-invention - clean slates that I'm so glad to have.  Everything in between is just, well, everything in between.  So I was just looking around online when I saw a few... "inspirational" quotes.  Here is one of them:

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

It really made me think about all the things I always say I'm going to do like homework, a new project - whatever it may be - but never end up actually doing.  Constantly procrastinating and just not being productive seems to occur a lot in my life, which sucks.  I hate that feeling, so much that it's on my top ten list of things I hate the most. (Yes, I have such a list.)

Every time I read a quote like this, it really gives me that extra push that I always need to get going, to get started.  It makes me just want to get up from sitting, staring at my computer screen for too long and get something done, to make my day worth it.  Quotes like these are truly inspiring to me, for lack of a better word. 

I hope this gave you that little extra push to get going on whatever you want to get done for the day.  Make to-do lists, write it down, plan your time, and use it wisely because you might not have tomorrow.  Which is kind of a depressing thought, but you know what I mean.

Hopefully, you didn't mind the change from my usual fashion posts.  I'll probably throw one of these posts into the mix every now and then.  And just one last thought to leave with you: you can do anything you set your mind to.  I'd love it if you left me a comment letting me know what you want to get done this month.


Thanks for reading!
- J
 
Follow on Bloglovin

Would you like to see more Spring Outfit Inspiration posts?


  
pollcode.com free polls 

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment