Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fashion Essential: Sunglasses + 9 Fun and Cheap Pairs!

Large

For years, I've never been able to wear a pair of sunglasses comfortably.  I doubt that you know this little bit about me, but I have terrible vision, so evidently, I wear (prescription) glasses on a daily basis.  Since I'm not allowed to wear contacts until a certain age (which is incredibly annoying, I might add), I can't just go around buying any random pair of sunglasses that I like that don't have prescription lenses.

Because of this annoying problem, I finally got around to buying my first pair of proper and "substantial" prescription sunglasses.  It got me thinking as to why I wear sunglasses and why people in general wear sunglasses - what's the point?

There are many important reasons why, but I've narrowed them down for you.  Keep reading if you want to find out what they are!

  • They protect your eyes.  A pretty big reason why I (and tons of other people) wear sunglasses is to protect our little eyeballs from harmful UV rays.  That being said, don't go out and just buy a cheap pair of sunglasses.  Make sure that they have a UV coating (there'll probably be a sticker of some sort  on the sunglasses indicating this) because that's what protects your eyes.  If you need any further convincing, just know that if your eyes aren't protected, that can lead to eye cancer.  Just saying.
  • They prevent wrinkles.  You might think that the connection between wrinkle-prevention and wearing sunglasses is practically non-existent, but think again.  You're out in the sun, it's really bright outside, and you don't have your sunglasses with you.  What do you do?  My first reaction is to squint when it gets too bright and when one squints too much, they get wrinkles and frown lines, which are just not attractive, especially at a young age.
  • It's a fashion statement.  A nice pair of sunglasses really pull an outfit together, especially in the summertime (despite the fact that you should be wearing sunglasses year round).
  • You can spy on people without them knowing...  This last one is just a silly little thing I've heard people talk about here and there. In the summer especially, a good chunk of the population head out to the beach.  Sometimes at the beach, there might be a cute guy or whatever that you might just want to stare at/spy on.  Wearing sunglasses will just make it a little less obvious.  But just a little.

Since this post is all about sunglasses, I figured that I would share with you a few pairs of my favourite affordable (under $40) sunglasses.  There are some unique (but cheap!) finds, as well as a few pairs of your classic aviators and wayfarers and they're all UV protected.  

Sunglasses Galore

1.  Charlotte Russe Floral Trim Polka Dot Shades ($5.99)
2.  F7957 Aviator Sunglasses ($6.80)
3.  F0188 Clear Sunglasses ($6.80)
4.  H&M Sunglasses ($6.95)
5.  ASOS Nude Round Sunglasses ($13.97)
6.  ASOS Round Sunglasses ($20.96)
7.  TopShop Swallow Trim Round Sunglasses ($31.28)
8.  Spitfire Flick Sunglasses ($38)
9.  ModCloth Flashin' Forward Sunglasses ($39.99)

Do you wear your sunglasses on a daily basis?  Do you have any other reasons why we should all be wearing our sunglasses religiously?  Which pair was your favourite?  Please share your thoughts in a comment below - I'd love to hear them!

Thank you for reading!
- J

6 comments:

  1. Like round ones from topshop)) Thank you for sharing

    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    x, Daria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such an amazing and vintage-y pair of glasses!

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. I love the nude asos round glasses! Great post! x

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete