Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Motivation: Revamp Your Bookshelf!

Large


This is going to be my last May Motivation and it's going to be like a follow-up of my previous May Motivation about my tips on how to reorganise your desk and just some ideas.  Today, I'm going to be sharing my tips on how to reorganise and turn your bookshelf into something more than just a space to store your books.  If you're interested or are just looking for some eye candy, keep on reading!



Image Credit

  • De-clutter!  To me, the key to reorganising anything is getting rid of what you don't need.  I don't mean by any means throw out all the books you don't like (donate them instead).  I mean, if you still have like old childhood textbooks or other completely random things, maybe it's time to find them a new home.


How to Get Aria's Boho Room on PLL

Image Credit
  • Don't feel obliged to put your books side by side in this very uniform (and boring) manner. One of my favourite TV shows is Pretty Little Liars and since the first time I saw Aria's bedroom, I immediately fell in love with it, especially her bookshelf.  I don't even know if you can say that it's a bookshelf because it's certainly not your traditional one, but I just love how she (the set designer, to be exact) just piles her books everywhere and makes it a part of her furniture.


Image Credit

  • Rainbow!  Going on with the previous tidbit, I remember reading a part in one of the Pretty Little Liars books where they say that Spencer organises her bookshelf by colour instead of alphabetical order, which is really unusual if you know Spencer well.  Anywho, I was inspired by that to arrange one shelf of my bookshelf and turn it into this colourful rainbow.  It definitely adds a little something to a boring bookshelf, in my opinion.


Image Credit

  • Treat your bookshelf like a display case.  This is Elle Fowler's (or AllThatGlitters21 on YouTube) old bookshelf and I'm absolutely obsessed with it.  I love how girly it is and how she used all these seemingly random things, like perfumes,  cameras, shoes, etc. to decorate her bookshelf.  Also, I like how she grouped certain books with the same height together.


Image Credit

  • Store your books in unexpected places.  If you have any under-bed storage system of some sort, I think that this is such an amazing idea to have your books right underneath your bed.  Now that I examine the photo a little bit closer,  it's possible that the "books" in the photo aren't even books, but CD's or whatnot, but it's still a cool idea nonetheless.

How's your bookshelf looking these days?  Do you even have one?  If not, where do you store your books?  Let me know in the comments - I'm interested.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment