Thursday, May 30, 2013

Looks for Less: 3 Spring Runway-Inspired Outfits


Every time a new fashion season rolls around, I immediately go on Style.com and find all of my favourite designers and check out their shows.  I usually just freak out over how amazing the clothes are, how they're such geniuses and how I wish I could have those pieces in my own wardrobe.  Unfortunately, because they are designer, a good chunk - if not most - of the population cannot afford them.  That's why today, I decided to share with you three recreations of outfits from the runway that you might actually be able to afford.  

Keep on reading if you're interested!  Enjoy!



BALENCIAGA


Image Credit (left, right)

Balenciaga's Spring collection was so sultry yet classy, which is a really hard thing to pull off a lot of the time, but Nicholas Ghesquière did it so well.  I particularly loved this almost seamless white crop top that he sent down the runway, so I decided to recreate this outfit.  The one thing that I did change was the pants.  I wanted to go for a girlier vibe with the outfit, so I went for a leather skirt instead.

Balenciaga S/S 13-Inspired Outfit

If you aren't comfortable showing that much skin (I think that my parents would frown upon that), go for a simple white tee, or if you're a teensy bit more adventurous, a white crop top.

H&M Jersey Bustier
Sparkle & Fade Faux Leather Circle Skirt (Forever 21 also has a great and cheaper alternative)
Nasty Gal Switchblade Pendant
ASOS Smooth Gold Rings
ModCloth The Best of Times Heel


CHANEL



Chanel has always been one of my favourite fashion houses ever since I was young.  I love how you can just look at something and know that it's Chanel.  Anywho, I loved how for this season's (I'm talking about like weather-wise, not fashion's six-months ahead of everything kind of season state of mind) collection, Karl Lagerfeld made a good chunk of it leather and pearls.  They're two things that I wouldn't normally picture together, at least not before this year, so I love how he put those two things together and created one of my favourite Chanel collections of all time.

Chanel S/S 13-Inspired Outfit

Zara Combination Pearl Necklace
Forever 21 Rhinestone Pullover Sweater
Forever 21 Faux Leather Skirt
ModCloth Storybook of My Life Flats (if you're looking for something closer to the original, check these out)



DKNY



Image Credit

This is such a cool take on your standard graphic tee and denim shorts combination for the spring/summer season.  It's also pretty unique how the chambray shirt, at least that's what it looks like from this angle, is tied around the model's waist to add that really playful vibe to an outfit.  Metallic and denim is one of my favourite combinations for the spring and summertime.

DKNY-Inspired Outfit

To me, this is a perfect outfit for the weekend if you're out with your friends or something like that and you want to be a little more dressed up.  By that, I mean instead of wearing denim cut offs, you'd sport this denim skirt which seems a bit more put together in my opinion.

1.  H&M Denim Shirt
2.  Chicwish Perfume Print T-Shirt
3.  New Look Denim Pencil Skirt

4.  Forever 21 Metallic Flats

Which outfit was your favourite?  Are there any spring trends that you're loving?  Let me know in the comments!


Thanks for reading!
- J

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I love this! The first outfit is on point! xx

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it - thank you!

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. Balemciaga is very inspiring! A few days ago I was inspired by Balenciaga to marble manicure)

    Take a look how I did it on my blog

    x, Daria

    http://www.dariaburkova.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! Your marble manicure over on your blog looks so amazing! It's simple, but definitely a statement - thanks for sharing!

      - Juliana

      Delete
  3. Balenciaga's is my favourite! I love the items you picked out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! It really means the world. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete