Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What to Where: Mother's Day



Before you start to think that I have horrible grammar,  I did in fact mean to write "where" instead of the typical "wear."  "Where" is simply a synonym for the occasion and "what" is what to wear.  There will usually be three outfit ideas (sometimes more, sometimes less) and occasionally, some tips.  You'll be seeing these posts pop up here and there when a special occasion comes about, in today's case, Mother's Day.

Casual Jack

This first outfit is a casual option if your Mother's Day plans are a bit more laid-back, like if you're going out to see a movie or something.  You could easily dress this down a little more by switching out the wedges for flats, like oxfords or boat shoes, for example.  You could also dress this up with a bold statement necklace.  


1.  TopShop Floral Leather Watch
2.  Delia's Union Jack Long-Sleeve Sweater
3.  Urban Outfitters Cheap Monday Fly Sunglasses
4.  Free People Ear Cuff
5.  Cambridge Satchel
6.  American Eagle Boy Jean
7.  Forever 21 Buckled Wedge Sandals


A little dressier...

Once again, I was channeling my inner Elle Fanning when I was putting together this outfit.  It's definitely not as adventurous as her outfits usually are, but it's somewhat similar.  To me, this is a bit dressier than the previous outfit, but you might think they're equal.  Either way, it's another outfit.  I fell in love with this dress a long time ago and I figured it was about time to use it in an outfit.  Because the dress is quite girly and feminine, I wanted to toughen it up with the varsity jacket and instead of your standard heel, I went for a Prada-inspired platform.

1.  Forever 21 Filgree Drop Earrings
2.  ModCloth Fashionably Ornate Necklace
3.  TopShop Classic Watch
4.  TopShop Varsity Bomber Jacket
5.  Talula Debutante Dress
6.  ASOS New Look Stripe Satchel
7.  Zara Leather Belt
8.  H&M Sandals


Skulls and Pastels

This is my favourite outfit of the three.  You could wear this out if you were going to a fancy dinner or special event for Mother's Day.  I centered the whole outfit around the Zara necklace (it has skulls on it!).  Because it's an edgier piece, I wanted to balance it out with some really girly accessories and dress, hence the pastel colour palette.  The socks would be scrunched down to the ankles instead of being pulled up mid-calf.

1.  TopShop Bardot Tunic Dress
2.  Zara Chain Link Necklace with Skulls
3.  Forever 21 Rhinestone Studs
4.  ASOS Chain Bracelets
5.  ModCloth Rockin' Ruffles Socks
6.  River Island Embellished Clutch (not as expensive as it looks!)
7.  Jeffrey Campbell Malt Shop Heel
8.  Madewell Modern Geometry Ring

Those were my three outfits for Mother's Day.  I hoped that you enjoyed this and found it somewhat helpful if you were stumped on what to wear when you're out with your mom (and family?).  If you aren't celebrating Mother's Day for one reason or another, maybe you could use these outfits as inspiration for your spring outfits?  Maybe?


Thanks for reading and leave me a comment telling me which one is your favourite!
- J

Follow on Bloglovin
Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment