Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Looks for Less: Alexa Chung Edition

Large

Image Credit

A few days ago, I wrote a post on Alexa Chung's amazing style.  Today, I'm going to show you my recreations of three of her outfits at a lower price.  One of them are from the red carpet and two are everyday outfits.  For those of you who love her style as much as I do, or are just looking for some spring outfit inspiration, keep on reading.  Enjoy (hopefully)!



I've been really into flare leather skirts lately, so I decided to recreate the one outfit that Alexa wore with one. The outfit is like that classic dress shirt and skirt combination, but with the leather skirt, it adds a modern twist to it, which is what Alexa's style is all about. I love how girly yet androgynous this ensemble is and I would definitely wear this out to a semi-formal dinner, or something like that.

Alexa Chung-inspired Outfit #1
1.  TopShop Casual Embellished Shirt (H&M also has a cheaper and option, but the downside is that you'll have to stud the collar)
2.  Forever 21 Pleated Faux Leather Skirt
3.  New Look Suede Mary Jane's (Forever 21 has a nice pair, as well)
4.  Essie Lapiz of Luxury Nail Polish
5.  ASOS Quilted Crossbody Bag

Image Credit

This outfit is perfect for a weekend out with family or friends.  The shorts are a bit too short for school unless your school doesn't have a strict dress code, and if you were to pair it with bermuda shorts, it would just look a bit off, in my opinion.  The dress shirt (Alexa seems to favour these) makes the relaxed shorts and Converse combination look a bit more polished and effortlessly put together.

Alexa Chung #2


1.  Urban Outfitters Cat Eye Glasses
2.  Forever 21 Sheer Safari Shirt
3.  TopShop Vintage Denim Shorts
4.  TopShop Grey Socks
5.  Converse All Star Sneakers

This is another fancier outfit, but I immediately fell in love with it when I came across it.  If you've already taken a peek at the outfit down below, don't be alarmed by how grey the skirt looks - it's actually ivory.  To me, if I had to describe Alexa's style in three words, they would be effortless, androgynous/tomboy, and classic and to me, this outfit definitely shows off her girlier side.
Alexa Chung #3
1.  TopShop Knit Nep Cable Jumper (for a cheaper option, check out H&M)
2.  Chicwish Faux Leather Ivory Skirt
3.  ASOS Eagle Head Stud Earrings
4.  Deena & Ozzy Fold-Over Clutch
5.  Forever 21 Mesh Panelled Flats
I hope that you guys enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments which outfit was your favourite.  And are you a fan of Alexa's style?  I want to know, not to be creepy or nosy or whatnot...
Thanks for reading!
- J

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment