Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Funday: Music Saved Me This Week

Large


I've been going through quite a bit of a... "eh" week.  Lots of things happened and it earlier in the week and I've just been really quiet all week, not being as out there and happy, I guess.  But like as the little saying above says, music is definitely my escape.  Every time I listen to music, it's like I'm just going into this world and am just shutting out everything that's bad in my life for three, four minutes, maybe even hours.

That's why this week's Sunday Funday (which I'm definitely thinking about renaming) will be centered around music or music-related things.  Of course there'll also be a few random bits and pieces in there, but you know what I mean.  Hopefully.

ED SHEERAN is pretty freaking amazing.

Large


I've never really listened to Ed Sheeran much before he collaborated with Taylor Swift on a song called "Everything Has Changed."  I listened to him religiously for about two weeks straight around Christmastime, but kind of stopped afterwards.  But lately, I've been getting back into his music, especially the song "Lego House."  It's such a simple, sweet, and just beautiful song that's so much fun to sing along to.  The acoustic version that he performed at the Billboard Music Awards was absolutely amazing as well.

If you want to check out the original, it's down below.  And don't be fooled - the guy "singing" in the video at the beginning is not Ed.  It's Rupert Grint.



And TAYLOR SWIFT is pretty cool, too.

Large









I find that going through all of these intense emotions (and sometimes almost feeling numb), I've thought a lot, so much that I wanted to run away from all the thinking that I've been doing.  I've thought so much about the kind of person I want to be, what I want to do, etc.

I've been a huge, die-hard fan of Taylor Swift ever since I can remember and everything about her is just so inspirational, and for this week, it's been her quotes.  Also, her music is just the best therapy in the world and I've been listening to it pretty religiously this week, but what else is new?

I stumbled upon this quote on We Heart It the other day and it's basically one of my many goals in life.  I want to strive to be a better person overall, a stronger person, a more determined person, and someone who isn't afraid of everything.  Thinking about it, I was definitely a lot worse last year and have gotten better this year, but I'm never satisfied with anything that is "good enough," so I guess you guys are going along the ride with me to "becoming" this better person I want to become.


meganheartsmakeup's advice is the best.

36994_130782130275938_112572505430234_221452_238338_n_large


I've known about meganheartsmakeup (a.k.a. Megan Parken - she's a beauty guru on YouTube) for a while, but I've never watched many of her videos.  It was just this week that I rediscovered her and I've been so obsessed with her advice videos and just random vlogs.  Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of her beauty and fashion videos, but I find that she gives amazing advice and she's such a beautiful person inside and out.

The first video that I've watched from her since rediscovering her was her "My life isn't perfect." video.  I really loved how open she gets with her viewers and how real and raw she comes across in her videos.

If you haven't already checked out her channel, I'd definitely recommend that you head over to YouTube right now and check out some of her videos if you're into fashion (I'm assuming that you are if you're reading this right now), beauty, or life advice type videos.  She has inspired me so much in such a little amount of time, especially to define my blog's mission statement a little more, which is odd, I guess, but whatever.


I finally got a capo.  Woot woot.



You probably don't know this about me but I'm pretty obsessed with my guitar and if you've played guitar before, you probably know what a capo.  But basically, it just shifts the key, but besides the point.  I used to use a pencil as my capo but I've finally gotten past my laziness and actually got myself a capo.  It's a pretty big accomplishment in my opinion.

Do you have any music favourites this week?  What have you been loving this week?  Please leave me a comment letting me know!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment